Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

An embossed quilt

Hi everyone! Very gloomy, rainy day here - perfect weather to stay inside and craft! I'm playing along at Let's Squash It! where Challenge 20 requires both dry embossing and scraps. Oh, do I have scraps - boxes and boxes of them!! Embarrasing really.... I shared a photo of one meager box HERE - that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane Ivory A2 card; 
Paper Studio Kraft; Patterns by unk
Embossing Folder - Sizzix Quilted by Tim Holtz (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 2 (retired) 
Stamps - Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments (retired)
Other - Hero Arts Navy ink

First I die cut the quilt twice - once from a scrap of blue (maybe Basic Grey??) and once using two pieces of scrap patterned paper that I'd stuck side by side onto the same release paper. Carefully inlaid the quilt pieces into the blue frame and embossed the quilt with the Sizzix ef. Didn't have the packaging for the ef's name so I did the usual - went seaching on Flickr which lead me to THIS card by my friend Heather. It turns out I had embossed a quilted background panel for her!

Adhered the quilt to a rectangle diecut that I'd scored to separate the quilt from the sentiment (hard to see in the photo). Adhered that to an A2 card. Added a little star diecut from my bits box and stamped the sentiment - done! I love how this turned out & will definitely emboss more of these quilts - it adds such pretty texture!! My friend Linda's mom turns 90 on Saturday so Mama Connie will get this card.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!



13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The embossing on those fabulous scraps looks wonderful and what a striking card for Mama Connie Linda x.

Dawn T said...

great quilt card Linda. Yes I have the same embarrassing pile of scraps... you've given me some good ideas,

Jean said...

A fantastic way to use up scraps! Really like the blue outline for the quilt.

Lisa Elton said...

What's better on a gloomy rainy day than a cozy quilt! Lovely card, Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Linda! I used to love making this pattern back in my quilting days. The embossing and the design really compliment eachother - which is the best way to work this theme. Thanks for playing at Let's squash It! Jo x

Karen said...

That quilt square die is beautiful. I like how you paper pieced your scraps into place. Very pretty!

HilaryJane said...

Love this idea, just like a real quilt. Very clever, will have to remember that one. A brilliant card xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I saw it on lets Squash It

Rosemary said...

the embossing adds a wonderful bit of realism on this beautiful quilted design.

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous, would love that quilt on my bed!

Betty said...

love those scraps and the embossing over top - lovely card Linda!

papierelle said...

Amazing!!!! So far I only knew that you can quilt with fabric.

Greta said...

Oh what a beautiful card, Linda!