Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Another Christmas Mini Slim!

Hey there crafty friends - It's a busy week with chorus stuff (park performance last night - it went great! and Spring show this Saturday) but I had time to make another card for the May Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Mini Slimline!! Jo and Elf Arlene inspired us with some delightful cards and I had to play along again! 

Supplies: Paper - Tim Holtz black & silver kraft core and
Christmas patterned; Neenah white; scrap of pink
Stamp & Cuts - Hero Arts Christmas Trimmings (retired),
Winter Penguin (retired but found here at Frantic Stamper)
and Holiday Ornaments (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Shoes and Hat (bow) & 
My Favorite Things Oval Shadows (retired)
Other -  Park Lane & Honey Bee gems
Copic markers

I started by forming a mini slimline card from a piece of Tim Holtz black cardstock. Next I adhered a layering panel of his Christmas paper (had more left from yesterday's scrap card!). Yesterday when I was pawing through the bits box, I found the grey ornaments and some penguins - thought they'd be cute on a mini slim. Added newly stamped & cut branches from the ornament set and a die cut Merry from the Christmas Trimmings set. I had a Merry in the bits box but it was kraft colored so I die cut a new one from silver plus a black shadow. I wanted an ice patch for my penguin and the MFT Oval Shadows die set is always good for that! It cuts 10 & I tried a few before I found the perfect size. Decided the penguin needed to be a girl so gave her a big bow from a new Hero Arts die set. I'd meant to use it for Mother's Day but didn't get there, oh well. Added some gems - done!

Since my bow die is newly used, I'm sending this card to Darnell's NBUS Challenge #38 where I'm guest designing all month - so fun!! Remember to pop over with some of your own NBUS, plus get a mini slim Christmas card made for Kickstart!!

Thanks for stopping!!

 

12 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So cute and sweet, love that red bow!!

Jean said...

A delightful holiday card - fun combination of focal elements.
Enjoy your spring show!

Arlene said...

That's a very girly girl penguin there with the pink bow and oh so cute! So glad you could join us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Arlene, Guest Elf

HilaryJane said...

Love that bow die, they are always very useful to have and it makes your penguin look so cute. Great plaid background too. Glad all went well with your performance xx

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet penguin, this is cute!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Love the little bow on the penguin. Great card. Glad the show went well.

Cat Craig said...

Linda...what a cute card. Lovin the bow!

baileyrosy.com said...

What a fantastic fun Christmas card, the plaid background works so well and your little penguin with its pretty bow is so cute.

Marie

papierelle said...

I am very enchanted by the little penguin with his loop.

Rosemary said...

fun mini slimline card, linda. that penguin is so cute.

Greta said...

Adorable card!

Dotty Jo said...

That little penguin has stolen my heart! Adorable card, Linda, and just perfect as a slimline. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Arlene and me, Jo x