Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, May 20, 2022

Sympathy cards - part two

Greetings all - I'm back with part two of sharing some recent sympathy cards. I received a ton of cards from family and friends when my mom passed, including from my blogging friends & from former coworkers when I worked in Eau Claire WI over 30 years ago! So wonderful to have friends like that! One of them mentioned losing her mom recently & I hadn't heard the news before. Quickly made the following card for her family.

Supplies: Paper Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white
Other - Copic Markers; Antique Linen Distress Ink; white gel pen
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Stamps - Joy Clair Thankful for You & Heartfelt Sympathy

I stamped a floral spray from Joy Clair's Heartfelt Sympathy set & colored with Copics. You can see a card using the other spray from this set here. The bible verse also came from a Joy Clair set - I used it on one of yesterday's cards - such a great verse. I stamped on white but it looked wrong so I sponged Antique Linen Distress ink around the edges - much better. The butterfly was a punched one that's been in my bits box forever - Heather (stamping and stitching) sent me a bunch eons ago. Thanks again, Heather! I gave it a body, though, trimming one from a Spellbinders set.

Next I'm sharing a card I sent to my brother and sister-in-law back in February. I hadn't posted it earlier and was reminded because this month I would've had kitty niece Misty to stay with me. Sadly she passed away after a short illness but she'd had a good long life! If you check my blog for Misty labels, you'll see several posts with photo. I'm lucky to have some saved videos on my phone; she's playing with different toys I kept at my house for her. RIP sweet Misty!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders (rainbow print from some kit);
Paper Studio A2 card; Neenah white & Poptone Black Licorice
Dies - Waffle Flower Rainbow Bridge Cat;
Stamps - Hero Arts I Love My Cat (retired)
Divinity Designs Mini Tag Sentiments

I die cut the rainbow bridge from black and backed with white. I colored in the rainbow with pencils as an afterthought and blended with an alcohol pen. Next time I'd do an inlay... Stamped the sentiment and the Meow in blue ink and glued the panel to a patterned paper rainbow background.

Hopefully no more sympathy cards to make for a long while! Thanks for stopping & enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely cards for sad occasions.

HilaryJane said...

Two more lovely cards, I am so glad you received lots of support from all over after losing your Mum xx

Cat Craig said...

Brilliant pet card, linda.

Dawn T said...

Another two beautiful cards Linda. Love the one for your brother and sister-in-law. It's so touching. Hopefully all for a while.

Trina P. said...

More thoughtful sympathy cards. They are both lovely.

Rosemary said...

Another lovely set of sympathy cards, Linda. I always enjoyed seeing the photos of Misty when she came to stay with you.

Greta said...

Another beautiful floral sympathy card, Linda. Sorry to hear Misty is gone. I always enjoyed your pictures & stories. Such a sweet card with the rainbow bridge!

papierelle said...

A sympathy card does not always have to be dark. Your card shows the light after mourning, very nice!!