Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Sympathy cards - part one

Hi everyone - I'm not the only one to experience loss recently and I've had to make too many sympathy cards lately. I'll share a couple today and a couple tomorrow. My first card went to Hero Hostess sista Sally (Created by Sally) upon the passing of her beloved hubby Jem. She received my card so I'm free to share now. Still thinking of you, Sally, & sending prayers across the pond to you.

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Garden Grove
Spellbinders A2 card; Paper Studio glitter; Neenah white
Dies - Altenew Lacy Doily and Mix and Match Frames;
Stamps - Sunny Studio Cherry Blossoms (with dies);
Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background;

I was lucky enough to win an Altenew prize from a blog hop comment on my friend Virginia's blog (Yes, Virginia) back in April. It was a welcome surprize after losing my mom and I'm so grateful to Altenew. With my prize I ordered the doily die, enabled by this post by Virginia. I also bought the frame set which includes the torn paper die - perfect for layering. I die cut the doily from a coppery glitter paper and the torn paper from a piece of BoBunny. I had a bunch of cherry blossoms left from my March 31st DCD Sunny Studio post so arranged them on the doily. The bible verse came from a Joy Clair set I bought back when they sponsored DCD in April.

Since my doily and torn paper dies are new, I'll add this card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge. I'm guest designer this month so please bring your NBUS on over. Next I have a sympathy card using an old My Monthly Hero kit. You can see birthday card with this floral spray here.


Colored this floral spray with Copics using the dot technique in different areas - really thought it added a lot comparing it to the other spray I colored. I used another one of the sentiments in the Taylored Expressions sentiment background stamp - very handy. 

Thanks for stopping & enjoy your day!



8 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of sympathy cards, linda.

Jean said...

Two lovely sympathy cards. Your backdrops for the floral element are very effective.

HilaryJane said...

Two really beautiful and thoughtful cards. It is so sad to hear about so many losses recently xx

Cat Craig said...

Such beautiful sympathy cards, Linda.

Dawn T said...

so thoughtful cards Linda. It is always sad to have to make these types of cards, but know that receiving such beautiful cards are always appreciated.

Trina P. said...

Lovely sympathy cards. Flowers are good for any occasion.

Greta said...

Lovely sympathy cards, Linda! Your coloring is beautiful!

papierelle said...

Just beautiful, love it!!