Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Bee-utiful Birthday

Hey crafty friends - the Die Cut Divas have a new challenge up today and I thought I'd share something even though it's not "my day". We're doing Angle It with our February sponsor Hero Arts - fitting for fans like us! I've been a long time Hero Arts fan and fondly remember my days as a Hero Hostess. I especially love their kits and am only missing one (the one with the octopus) since their inaugural set released in October 2015. Needless to say, I have a lot of Hero Arts! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Stampin' Up green;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio glitter
Stamps - Hero Arts 01/21 My Monthly Hero Kit 
& Old Letter (retired); Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles
Dies - Hero Arts 01/21 MMH Kit
Other - Copic Markers

I was flipping through my stash of MMH kits for some Valentine stuff and came across this darling bee kit from last year that I hadn't used yet! I even had to snip apart all the dies which I usually do when the kit arrives.... It's perfect for a friend who likes bees!

I die cut, stamped and colored the floral branch and the bee with Copics, then die cut the honey comb. It's an insert die so I fussy cut the perimeter to make it stand alone. Formed an A7 card with the green cardstock and stamped some Old Letter (from 2011 & still as wonderful now as then!) on the left & right edges. Stamped a sentiment from a fabulous PB set gifted to me by Jean (Right as Rain) - thanks again, Jean!! Assembled the card, angling the branch at a diagonal - that's all it takes & done!

And speaking of Jean, she sent another PB stamp (Botanical Notes) which I used on the card below, along with the same sentiment as above. I started with a piece of white Neenah and blended some Salty Ocean and Speckled Egg Distress ink onto it with a Nuvo brush. Stamped and colored the image, then trimmed and matted onto a Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangle.


Spotted my friend Betty's (created by bjk) gorgeous flower card that she made for Paper Players current Tic Tac Toe Challenge & she inspired me to play along with card one. I used the same diagonal lower left to upper right - Birthday, Flower, Die Cut. I think this is my first play over there...


I also will enter card one at Darnell's February NBUS challenge since the MMH kit got first play today.

 Hope to see you in the Diva gallery this month and I'll be here for "my day" on the 21st. Meanwhile, check back tomorrow if you'd like to see the January Card Chain Challenge Reveal.

Thanks for stopping!!

  


16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Your first birthday card is so pretty, with a lovely colour combination, cute bee and thank you for the inspiration about cutting the insert die x. Beautiful vintage style on your second card with a fabulous image and loving the die cut frame too Linda x.

!neke said...

Great cards !!!!
Love the first most !!!
groeten Ineke

Jean said...

Both designs have a lot of depth and visual interest - gorgeous takes on the challenges.

HilaryJane said...

You can't go wrong with a good flower card and both these are fabulous. See you tomorrow for the big reveal xx

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous cards, Linda! I love the sparkling gold honeycomb!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful cards! I do confess that the second one is my favorite, but the background on the first one is just delightful! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players!

Darnell said...

There are no bad Hero Arts or Penny Black products, so it's wonderful that you have so many, Linda! Your happy birthday bee design is beautiful from the subtle script background, to the gold schparkly honeycomb, to the pretty blossoms, your coloring and execution are flawless! Equally beautiful is your second design. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

Beautiful set of cards, Linda. I have the kit you used for your first card and you hqve reminded me that I need to use it. The coloring on both cards is lovely. I took a look through your blog and you have been very busy creating some wonderful cards.

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards Linda. Love the Hero Arts one... such a beautiful floral image and I too, love that writing stamp. And what a great collage stamp on the second card. It's awesome.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What pretty cards Linda! Love the vibrant green background on the first one, perfect to highlight your blooms and sweet bee! Thanks for playing TicTacToe with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely collage-y cards Linda. So springy.

JoAnn said...

Two beautiful card. Your coloring ls fabulous. Love the blooms on both cards. TFS

Trina P. said...

Both beautiful cards. Love how the white flowers pop against the green on the first. Love the dimension and artsy look of the second.

Jennie Maier said...

What a couple of pretty cards! Really like that hive-like background on the first card! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

Greta said...

These are lovely!

designbydonna said...

Your blossoms look real. I love the color combos on both cards. The blossoms look so real. I am so ready for some blooming trees in my part of the country.