Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 28, 2022

Tropical green with bee

Hi all - normally I don't post more than once a day. If you're looking for my Die Cut Diva reminder, go HERE. I realized this morning when I spotted Hilary's card (here at her blog fiddling about) that I hadn't made a card for the February Let's Squash It!! challenge. We're to use green and an insect, plus an embossing folder of course. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio; Momenta; Neenah
Embossing Folder - Park Lane Tropical Border
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
Momenta Bee Happy 
Ink - Memento Bamboo Leaves
Other - Pink & Main enamel hearts; Crystal Stickles

I die cut a panel of the varigated green watercolor print using a stitched dot rectangle die, then embossed it with the tropical border. I ran a green ink pad over the raised parts for some definition. Next I die cut the sentiment & shadow and popped up with foam tape. Die cut the bee and stickled the wings. Added some enamels hearts - done! This card is going to an auntie who had surgery. 

That's it for today and be sure to check out the last day of the month post at Die Cut Divas!



 


8 comments:

!neke said...

Love this card !!!!
groeten Ineke

Cat Craig said...

That is a wonderful take on the challenge. Green is not a fave color of mine, but you make it look super.

Dawn T said...

Love it Linda. Great card and what a gorgeous green background.

papierelle said...

The background looks so great and the little bee is a pretty eye catcher.

HilaryJane said...

Well, what a surprise to see you give me a shout out, thank you, that is very special, but now I realise that I didn't add an insect onto my let's squash it card - perhaps they won't notice! I do love that embossed border, such a wonderful effect. your little green hearts are really sweet too xx

Jean said...

A fantastic combination for a spring-themed Get Well card.

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, linda.

Greta said...

Really love that embossing folder, Linda! It's wonderful used on the pretty paper! Hope your auntie recovers quickly.