Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

February 2022 Card Chain Reveal

Yikes - where did February go?? Well, it's a short month anyway...

Time again to reveal the cards that zipped around the world for the Card Chain Challenge. Twenty-eight people participated - you can see the entire chain HERE, if desired. My card went to the delightful Dee from Kenya.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Latte (retired);
Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry; Basic Grey Lucille;
Recollections Valentine's Day (script pattern)
Dies - Penny Black Stars and Circles;
Ultimate Crafts When You Wish (retired)
Stamp - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit April 2021 (sold out)
Other - Hero Arts gems

As usual, I utilized the color palette and the sketch option, as well as the friendship theme. I had just received my Spellbinders January subscription box and was entralled with all the heart stuff, especially the dies! Since "hearts" was another theme options for February, I dove right in!! 

Color Palette Option


Sketch Option


Theme Options: Hearts / Mushrooms / Friendship

First I chose my papers, finding Hero Arts Latte paper to be perfect for the coffee cream shade in this month's color palette. Aubergine in some circles equals eggplant so I chose a Stampin' Up paper that looked right to me. Then I found a patterned paper to work for the crushed rose. Next, using the sketch, I formed an A2 card and adhered a torn piece of the patterned paper. Then I die cut four hearts (one is the background layer to the flowery one) and a hello sentiment. 

I wanted a stamped "friend" for a sub-sentiment. The April 2021 MMH kit's sentiment reads "You're a Solid Friend" (the animal images are solid silhouettes - ha, ha). I snipped the "friend" off the full sentiment stamp since it's the perfect size to combine with a die cut sentiment. I'm not thinking I'll ever use it the original way but the "friend" can always snuggle back up to the rest.

I received the card below from the fabulous Nathalie in Quebec. I just love the sweet kitty and all the hearts!! I last received a card from her in the October 2020 exchange (see it here, if desired) and I continue to appreciate it!! Nat also sent some fun shaker elements - can't wait to use them. Thanks, Nat!


You can still sign up to participate in March. Go here by March 6th if you'd like to make and send one card, then receive one card. Easy! 

Thanks for visiting!!





13 comments:

!neke said...

Love those colors !!!
Great card !
groeten Ineke

HilaryJane said...

Your card is gorgeous, love the torn edge and that amazing die cut heart. Great idea with the sentiment too xx

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful, Linda! Love the details on the large die cut heart! And what a cute card you received too!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Angelnorth said...

Such a pretty take on the sketch Linda, a beautiful card and the little gems make a great finishing touch!

Jean said...

Wonderful take with the colors and sketch! The torn paper on the left is a really nice touch!

Pia S said...

Inspiring to see the colors used here, I really like it and the way the torn piece "roughens up" the the straight look, all in a positive way. A successful card design, Linda!

Robyn Oliver said...

Lovely card Linda... your colours for the palette and just perfect.. Robyn

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love that superb heart.

papierelle said...

Your card is so heartful and pretty!! And I really like how you implemented both of these specifications.

Cat Craig said...

Fab take on the colors and the sketch Linda.

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous card, Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! I really like how many people worked with the sketch for this month's challenge. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Greta said...

Beautiful heart die & your card made perfect use of the color combo, Linda!