Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Final Day of Birthdays at Die Cut Divas

Hey crafty friends - I'm part of a last day of the month post at Die Cut Divas, sharing the card below. Today marks your final chance to play along in our March Birthday Challenge with sponsor Sunny Studio. My card combines some older Sunny products with some newbies:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts; Neenah; Momenta
Stamps - Sunny Studios Cherry Blossoms and 
Dies - Sunny Studio Slimline Scalloped Frame,
Distress Oxide Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn,
Tea Dye, Gathered Twigs, Ground Espresso, Spun Sugar,
Kitsch Flamingo, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry,  & Festive Berries
Other - Park Lane gem; foam tape


I stamped some of the flowers with Kitsch Flamingo as the second layer and others using Worn Lipstick, just for a bit of variety. As usual, I bulked stamped each layer using the negative of the die cut and popping blanks into it. And as usual, things didn't always line up perfectly but I went with it! I die cut two of the branches to fill my slimline card. The branch set has some little leaves but I went with the stamped ones from the Cherry Blossoms set. I only stamped two layers of the leaves - there's a third with some veins that I ignored this time. I wanted to emboss the branch with woodgrain but couldn't find my embossing folder - oh well...

Since today's card was my first with the cherry blossoms, I'm adding it to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge.

And now for a bonus card, this time using a cluster of the cherry blossoms:


I started with a Paper Studio A2 card base and used the same stamps and dies as for card one, except no branch. Slimline die cuts can easily be trimmed for use on other sized cards - gives more for the $$. The gingham is My Favorite Things Petite Gingham.

Remember - you have until 9pm Pacific Time today to add your birthday project using a die cut or embossing folder to our March Challenge gallery. Hope to see you there!! Thanks for visiting!!

 



12 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Wow such a pretty card Linda!

Dawn T said...

Two fabulous cards Linda. I love your cherry blossom

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning cards as always! Jo x

Lin said...

These cards brightened my morning, Linda - love these cherry blossoms!

Arlene said...

WOW, Both cards are beauties.

Cat Craig said...

Loving that slimline, and what a smart idea on your second card to use just part of that die and wonderful scalloped edge. Beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty cherry blossoms! These are wonderful, Linda!

papierelle said...

The branch (with the cherry blossoms?) really pops on the slimline card.

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful layered stamping. Two really lovely cards, both are as good as each other xx

Rosemary said...

both cards are beautiful, linda!

Jean said...

Lovely slimline and a fun second take!

Greta said...

2 lovely cards, Linda! I always am drawn to scallops! Really love how the branch on the first one fills the slimline perfectly!