Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 21, 2022

Spring Birthday

Hey there - I'm sharing the card below at Die Cut Divas today for our March Birthday Challenge. Sunny Studio has sponsored us for the second March in a row and we're delighted! I have a lot of Sunny products, including some wonderful new ones. However, I pulled out some older faves (still available) that I can't resist!!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Michael's green;
Momenta watercolor & gemstone prints; Paper Studio A2 card
Dies - Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace,
Other - Park Lane gems

I used the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace set twice last year but I embossed the pattern both times. This time I cut a separate panel with the pattern and layered it onto the scalloped piece. I love how the white shows through. I considered what color card base to use and, since I had a blue piece, went with yellow in support of Ukraine. The sentiment and flowers came from the Blooming Frame set, except the top layer (a Sunny freebie) and the leaves (snipped off a new foliage set). So simple and pretty, I think!

And now for a bonus using more from Spring Greenery! 

Additional Supplies: Paper - Spellbinder's A2 card;
BoBunny paper
Stamps - Sunny Studio Inside Greetings Birthday
Ink - Distress Oxide Lucky Clover

When I die cut my sentiment for card one, I accidentally used two pieces of card. I could've stacked the die cuts but instead chose to use each separately. On card two I paired the "Birthday" with a stamped sentiment. Can you tell I've been thinking of green due to St Patrick's Day? I die cut leaves and fronds from the Spring Greenery set and trailed them along the edge of a stitched rectangle. Adhered to an A2 card base. Stamped the "happy" and fussy cut, then popped up with a bit of foam. I left off any gems, thinking this might work for a masculine card.

That's it for today! I hope you'll check out our Diva Birthday challenge this month and add your card to the gallery. Thanks for stopping!

 



10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. So spring like

Rosemary said...

fun set of birthday cards, linda.

!neke said...

Great cards !!!!
Love the green one !
groeten Ineke

papierelle said...

You did a great job on the background, I like it a lot.

Jean said...

Fun "hers" and "his" examples with the die-cut sentiment. Both make great use of pattern.

Arlene said...

I so like both cards, the first one is more formal and the second one is a casual springy card. Fantastic!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous cards, Linda. Especially drawn to the first one. So eye catching.

Greta said...

That eyelet lace die is gorgeous & love the greenery on the green background!

HilaryJane said...

Both cards are great, but I think my favourite is the first one, that die is very special. I think I might have to add it to my wish list xx

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful cards as always Linda, also thanks for making me think about the Die Cut Divas challenge. My mind is all over the place after my mini holiday!!