Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Winter's Butterflies

Happy weekend, everyone! I'm glad to spend some needed time in the craft room today!!

I created the card below for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies. I started with a piece of Hero Arts handmade watercolor paper - so yummy! First I stamped the sentiment in Faded Jeans and clear embossed. Next I stamped some snowflakes & white embossed, then inked the whole panel with Faded Jeans, Speckled Egg and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide inks. Spritzed with a bit of water. Stamped more snowflakes using Speckled Egg then die cut the panel with a stitched dot rectangle. Inked the edges lightly with Faded Jeans & glued to an A2 card base. Added some die cut snowflakes and gems - done!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinder's A2 card;
Stamps - Hero Arts Winter's Butterfly (retired)
Dies - Sunny Studio Snowflake Circle Frame
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop

The stamp set containing the sentiment and snowflakes remains a fave of mine. Hero Arts released it in 2008 and it's still in perfect condition all these years later. Thanks Hero Arts for your quality products!! And I love the snowflake die set from Sunny Studio and use it often! The wonderful Sunny Studio is our March Die Cut Diva sponsor & I hope you'll join in our Birthday challenge!

Thanks to Jo & her Elf for a fun challenge with snowflakes and thanks to you for visiting!!




12 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is gorgeous, Linda! I'm so happy to see you playing along again at Christmas Kickstart. Thanks so much, Jo x

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Love the sentiment and the beautiful blue colours.

CinnamonSally said...

This is a gorgeous card Linda, you have reminded me that I have that set from Hero Arts to, I must look it out again.

HilaryJane said...

So pretty xx

Jean said...

You've perfectly captured the beauty of snow and snowflakes. The layers you created with the inking, stamping, heat-embossing, and die-cut snowflakes is enchanting!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this sentiment! Terrific card, Linda!

papierelle said...

Your card is stunning!!! It looks like real snowfall.

Cat Craig said...

What a cute way to showcase snowflakes. Love.

Inkyfingers said...

Love the depth you have added with the different types of snowflakes, Linda and the blending is beautiful. Such a lovely card that is suitable for any winter occasion. Thanks for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart this time.
Take care,
Hugs
Carol x

Greta said...

I still have that sentiment stamp, too! Your card is beautiful!

Rosemary said...

so beautiful in all those icy blues, linda!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful layered stamping of the snowflakes. Love the colours you used. The diecut snowflakes were the perfect finishing touch.