Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 18, 2022

One more Emboss/Deboss

Hey crafty friends - I'm back with my third and final entry for the current Let's Squash It!! challenge to use an embossing folder to both emboss and deboss on the same card.

Supplies: Paper - Momenta Gemstone;
Park Lane A2 card; scraps of green
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz Sizzix Cobblestone 2
Dies - Sunny Studio Spring Greenery 
Inks - Memento Angel Pink & Desert Sand

My sister-in-law and I visited another Hobby Lobby Wednesday in search of more 40% off items. I came away with a Tim Holtz 3D Texture Fades folder, plus a few dies. I debossed a soft brown panel, trimmed to layer on a blush A2 card & adhered. I embossed a second blush A2 card, trimmed off a 1.5" strip and adhered. Added some spare leafy fronds I had on the craft table (look for them to be featured in Monday's post) and a sentiment strip - done!!

Re: the sentiment strip - I bought several packages of Taylored Expressions preprinted sentiment panels. They began offering them for use with their strips die which I own. Love the convenience!!

PS - we're doing birthdays at Die Cut Divas with Sunny Studio as our sponsor - would love to see you in the gallery! I'll be back on Monday with my regular DCD post & hope you'll stop back.

I'm also adding this card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since my embossing folder is new.

Thanks for visiting!

  



15 comments:

Lin said...

Love how this came out, Linda! The leaves against the textured cobblestones make a great masculine card.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely! Your cards for this challenge have all been beautiful and really inspiring. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Squash It! again, Jo x

Jean said...

Another fantastic card for the challenge. That embossing folder has been on my "to buy" list. Nicely done!

Cat Craig said...

That is one fab EF. Glad you found it on sale. Win win. Great card.

Kathyk said...

A rather fabulous make and a great way to showcase your NBUS embossing folder, thank you so much for sharing it with us this month

Kathyk
NBUS Guest DT member in March

Lisa Elton said...

I like the texture and earthy feel this has! Terrific card, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful rustic design, Linda.

Dawn T said...

Fantastic use of your folders here Linda. Turned out awesome.

Kate said...

That is one cool embossing folder Linda! And I love the earthiness of your card with this simple colour palette!

Trina P. said...

So beautiful, Linda! You’ve nailed this EF technique challenge. Awesome EF!… and at a bargain, too!

Darnell said...

A great design to depict the embossing and debossing on the same card, Linda! Love the e/f and the leaves and thank you for the tip about those sediment strips! Thank you, too, for inspiring everyone at NBUS here and with the pretty snowflake card in the next post! Hugs, Darnell

papierelle said...

Amazing!!!! And what a great embossing folder.

Greta said...

Perfect folder to use both ways & I love the leafy branches!

Robyn Oliver said...

Three fabulous cards for the Let's Squash It challenge...you have been busy with your EFs... nice work, Robyn

Angelnorth said...

Lovely rugged, rustic feel to this one Linda, great use of the EF!