Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Another Emboss and Deboss

Hey there - couldn't resist making another card for the current Let's Squash It!! challenge to include embossing and debossing using the same folder.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Authentique;
Neenah; Tim Holtz Classic Kraft
Embossing Folder - Mini Mechanics
Stamps - Hero Arts Watch Gear and You're the Best (both retired)
Dies - Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles
Other - Park Lane Stars; Hero Arts Ink

I stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way to meet a friend for lunch today and ended up with a Tim Holtz mini 3D embossing folder for 40% off! Thought the gears would be fun for the emboss/deboss technique. Turns out very subtle, but I like it! The folder is about 3" wide so I embossed a panel and debossed another, then trimmed them to fit an A2 card in landscape orientation with a bit of border around. Left is embossed, right is debossed.

Next, inspired by this card by my friend Dawn (Dawn's World), I stamped the Hero Arts Watch Gear in a matching blue and die cut 3 circles from it. Put a mat on just two of them - seems the circle to cut the mat for the biggest circle is missing.... Oh well, I like it that way, I guess. Hard to see in the photo but the yellow is distressed with the same blue (printed that way). Added a sentiment and some star gems - done! 

Thanks for visiting!! Who knows - I may be back with another entry for this fun challenge!!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific masculine card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

fantastic card Linda. I'm glad my card inspired you. I love what you did with the circles. Looks great with the embossed and debossed layers. I have to say I'm struggling a bit with this challenge.

CinnamonSally said...

Another great card for this challenge Linda, love the masculine feel.

Dotty Jo said...

This works so well, Linda! Another fab layout and a great colour combo too. Thanks for playing along at Let's Squash It! again, Jo x

Jean said...

You are the master with the embossing folder! Wonderful combination of elements!

Cat Craig said...

Looks great, Linda.

papierelle said...

The effect with the inked embossing folders is really amazing!!!

Greta said...

Very unique & effective!

Angelnorth said...

Great masculine card Linda and both sides of the folder look fabulous!