Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Emboss and Deboss It!

Hey crafty friends - I'm playing along in the current Let's Squash It!! Challenge to use the same folder to both emboss and deboss on your card. How fun is that? Gail & Jo have some great inspiration and technique tips with this one too!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Paper Studio grey;
Momenta Gemstone; Neenah white
Embossing folders - Cuttlebug Bloom Dots & Stitched Circles
DiesPicket Fence Studios Slim Line Scalloped Frames (sentiment);
Inks - Memento London Fog & Sweet Plum
Other - Spellbinders butterfly ephemera from the

Jo used one of those narrow Cuttlebug folders on her inspiration card - I own the same one! Will have to try it someday.... Rather than use it today, I went to one of a little quartet of folders (Stitched Circle set). I die cut three circles from a plum gemstone paper. I embossed one (center) and debossed the other two. Inked the edges and smooshed a bit on the tops too. Next I took the Bloom Dots and embossed an entire A2 silver card base. That way I'd have two full A2 panels in one swipe. I cut the card in half and then trimmed an embossed panel and a debossed panel to 2x5.25". I saved the second piece for another card! Rubbed ink to bring out the pattern. This particular folder has embossed and debossed areas in the finished panel. You can especially see that I reversed it on the right by checking out the plain circles. Centered the panels on a white Spellbinders A2 card (I have oodles of these from their lovely kits). I covered the center seam with the three circles (middle one is popped up with foam tape).  I die cut the sentiment twice, layered for dimension & added to the center circle. I popped a couple butterflies (or could be moths?) from the Feb21 Spellbinders card kit onto the other circles - done!! Quick and easy card - took me less than an hour!

Thanks to Gail & Jo for another fun challenge and thanks to you for visiting!!


9 comments:

Greta said...

Great challenge & such a pretty card, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the perfect EF as a background for those cute butterflies! This is delightful, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Very cool Linda. This one turned out awesome

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love your colour palette and those gorgeous butterflies.

Dotty Jo said...

I love everything about this card, Linda! Your colour palette is wonderful, but then so is the design and everything else! I also have this folder, but have never seen it used to such good effect. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Rosemary said...

fun embossed design, linda.

Jean said...

Wonderful element choices to highlight the technique!

papierelle said...

What beautiful butterflies!!! Your card is amazing. Love the design of the background and the gray makes everything else shine.

Jeanne H said...

Well done, Linda. Love the colors together.