Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Another Winter's Butterfly!

Happy weekend everyone! I'm so behind on my Christmas card production this year that I just had to make another card for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge. Jo & Elf Carol asked us to use snowflakes - aka winter's butterflies.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Season;
Hero Arts Snowman Christmas (retired)
Dies - Simon Says Stamp Snowflake Season
Inks - Memento Paris Dusk & Summer Sky
Other - Copic Markers, white gel pen, 
foam tape & a Park Lane gem

I started by stamping the Snowflake Season border on a white A2 card using a soft blue ink. Next I stamped and die cut the largest snowflake using a dark blue ink. I colored parts of the snowflake with various blue and grey Copics. Popped the snowflake with foam tape and stamped the sentiment in dark blue with a light blue shadow. Moved the paper a bit too far on the shadow but, oh well, it's a handmade card... Added a gem to the snowflake center & done! Very quick & easy - perfect for mass production.

I received the Snowflake Season stamp set as a free gift with SSS purchase back in Stamptember, then bought the die with my next order. Hadn't had a chance to use it until now so I'll add this card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge too.

If you were wondering what I did with the remainder of the blush card I embossed the other day for Let's Squash It!!, wonder no more. 

Supplies: Paper - Neenah White; Park Lane A2 card; 
My Favorite Things Petite Gingham
Stamps - Waffle Flower Iris You 
Dies - Iris You 
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz Sizzix Cobblestone 2
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Memento Tuxedo Black ink;

I had embossed an entire card (white inside) and trimmed off a strip for this card (if you missed it). The back has the debossed pattern and I left the white embossed inside showing past the strip I trimmed. On the inside I put a plain white panel for the inside sentiment  & edged it with a narrow gingham border so it would show beyond the blush. 

I had already stamped an extra iris bunch while making this card so colored it up quickly with Copics. Added it to the blush side along with a few Sunny Studio Spring Greenery fronds I had left from a card for Monday. Another TE sentiment strip finished off the card. 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a crafty weekend!!

 


13 comments:

Betty said...

love the way you designed the snowflake card, Linda - and second card is just lovely - spent this past week - sort of moved in - craft room furniture in place - but many boxes to go before i can create a card!!

Betty said...

meant to say - spent this past week moving to texas

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous pair of cards, Linda. Love your elegant snowflake card - the die-cut one looks so handsome and I really like the double stamping on the sentiment. The iris card is so fresh and pretty - a welcome reminder that spring flowers will soon be here.
Thanks for sharing with Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart.
Take care.
Hugs
Carol x

Trina P. said...

Wonderful set of cards. The snowflake card is beautiful… love the colours and design. Great use of the leftovers on your second card.

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, linda. love the way you stamped the snowflakes along the edge and then added the die cut snowflake on the first card. the second card is just amazing!

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, your snowflake one is so elegant and love your embossed background behind that pretty iris!

Dawn T said...

Fantastic cards Linda. I love the elegance of your snowflake card and your embossed/debossed card is stunning.

Jean said...

Stunning snowflake design! And another beauty with the embossing folder. Your iris bouquet is lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

Two wonderful cards, Linda! Happy Spring!

papierelle said...

Wow, I love your winter's butterfly and your very pretty spring flower card!!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards, Linda.

Greta said...

2 beautiful cards, Linda! I adore the look of that die cut snowflake & the design of that card! Beautiful bouquet for the second card!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beautiful card, Linda! Love the design and colours - it's so lovely. Thanks for playing along with Carol and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x