Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Scramble with Two

Hi all - I'm part of a private Facebook group that has continued the tradition of doing Hero Arts Scrambles - 90 minutes to create, photograph & upload a card featuring Hero Arts products & a given theme. This time the theme was Two - be it using the numeral 2 or having two of something. I chose the latter using 46 of the alloted 90 minutes for my card today.

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Serendipity;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb;
Teal & Latte maybe Stampin' Up?
Stamps - Hero Arts Old Letter (retired) &
Apr 2021 My Monthly Hero kit (with die to match)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 18 (retired);
Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/8"
Other - Park Lane gems

I die cut two diagonal panel from BoBunny paper using a Blueprint die set. I trimmed off the top panel to leave a gap for my sentiment. Stamped some patches of Old Letter on each panel, then adhered them to a latte colored A2 card. Stamped the My Monthly Hero kit sentiment in grape ink. I die cut and stamped two dragonflies from the same set as the sentiment, adding a gem for each head. I die cut strips using a new Taylored Expressions 1/8" strip die and adhered above and below the sentiment. Done! Very quick & easy. 

I was so excited to find the Easy Strips at Anchor Paper Monday since they were out of stock (and still are as of today) at TE. I'll add my card to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my Easy Strips are new.

This card already went out in the mail to the tenor in my former quartet. She took me out last night for an early birthday dinner at the Olive Garden - yummy!!

Thanks for stopping and thanks to Cindy (Escape to Stamping) for a fun Scramble!


12 comments:

Dawn T said...

So pretty Linda. Love the two dragonflies and the fabulous angle on your card. It's superb

Kathyk said...

A fabulous confection of colours and images - great use of your NBUS

Kathyk

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love the muted colours and perfect dragonflies!

Cindy C. said...

It's sooooo beautiful, love how you created the angled panels!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done.

HilaryJane said...

How wonderful that you went out to dinner, can't remember the last time I did that! Your card is great. I love that soft background xx

Lisa Elton said...

A wonderful use of your time, Linda this is pretty!

Prudence said...

Speechless. I love everything about this card and all done in under an hour to boot. 🤩🤩🤩 Sending happy birthday wishes!
Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

papierelle said...

The background paper has a great effect and I like the overall design of the card.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, linda.

Jean said...

What a fantastic design! Terrific colors and texture.

Greta said...

Great design & such a pretty card!