Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 21, 2022

A Ducky Easter card

Hi all - I'm sharing the card below at Die Cut Divas today. We have Angle It as our February challenge with sponsor Hero Arts, my favorite company - yay!! I was able to get a Spring 2022 item early, via the ShopBox program at my local store Anchor Paper. As of Feb. 15th, you can purchase all Spring 2022 items at the Hero Arts online store.

Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Cottontail;
Authentique (a mixed pad);
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Hero Art Color Layering Duckling Bundle &
Apr 2021 My Monthly Hero kit,
plus matching Frame Cuts
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 18 (retired);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - black & white gel pens, pink marker, 
Hero Arts inks; Park Lane gems


Isn't this duckling the cutest?! I thought he'd make an adorable Easter card and the stamp set happens to include an Easter sentiment. I die cut my angled panels from an Easter paper pad and glued them to a white panel. Next I die cut it with a stitched dot rectangle. Stamped the sentiment and found the font hard to read. I carefully blotted out parts with white gel pen and rewrote them the way I preferred.

The duckling image has with 3 layers so I chose my 3 inks and die cut the outline. I always stamp a trial image in my MISTI and put the negative of the die cut around it. I pop the die cut in and stamp, removing it to reset each layer. I find that works best for me. If I'm "off" a bit on stamping the trial layers, I can reposition the negative. Sometimes I'm still "off" and just try to correct things with markers and gel pens.... This time I started with the second layer since it had the feet, making the negative easier to position. I stamped the little patch of grass from the set and included a leftover dragonfly from my Scramble card from a couple weeks ago.

Now for a bonus! My friend Linda (can you believe she has my middle name too?) and her hubby bought a new house and invited me over for lunch. I took them a birdhouse as a housewarming gift and made this card:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts, Basic Grey, Paper Studio
Stamps - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Dec2021
Dies - Hero Arts Neighborhood Houses;
Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/8"

Thanks for stopping and I hope to see you in the February Diva gallery!! You have until 9pm Pacific Time to share your creation with an angle, plus a die cut &/or embossing folder. A random winner, chosen from eligible February entries, will receive a $25 credit to use at the Hero Arts online store.



10 comments:

papierelle said...

I also made the first Easter cards last week and chicks were also allowed on a card. Your chick is really adorable and your card is so spring-like.
And a card to the new house is always a very nice touch.

HilaryJane said...

Two great cards Linda, I especially like the house warming one. What a great design. I have never got on with layering stamps and coordinating dies. I never seem to line them up properly, whatever I do. Your little duck looks pretty perfect to me xx

Cat Craig said...

Good for you getting started with the Easer cards. YOur chick looks perfectly happy among the Easter papers. THe housewarming card is fab too.

Pia S said...

Oh, that duckling is so cute, you stamped it so well and picked nicely coordinated colors. Such a sweet Easter card.

Cindy C. said...

Great projects! The first one really sweet!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda. The little ducky is so cute. Love the clean design of the second card.

Dawn T said...

What a stunning duck Linda.... it is amazing. Can't believe how beautiful the layering is on it. And love your house warming card. It's fabulous.

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda, love that cute duckling!

Jean said...

Fabulous! I love the colors and textures! Stunning combinations on both cards.

Greta said...

The duckling card is adorable--love the angled sentiment! What a sweet housewarming card & I bet they loved the birdhouse!