Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January 2022 Card Chain Reveal

Hi everyone - once again it's time to reveal cards that went around the world for the Card Chain Challenge. This month 27 people participated; you can see the entire chain HERE. I sent my card to sweet Marga in Spain. It was fun to write to her in Spanish - I suppose it would've been nice to use Hola Amiga as my sentiment... I began learning Spanish in grade school and kept it up all through college (one of my majors). Too bad I don't get to speak it much day to day.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Concord and 9th green
My Favorite Things Woodgrain Whimsy;
Sunny Studio Sweater Weather
Stamps - Hero Arts All Occasion Messages (retired)
Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy
Dies - Spellbinders Snowflake Splendor
Hero Arts Spring Branch (retired)
Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy
Other - Park Lane gems

Once again I've used both the color scheme and the sketch, plus the theme of friendship. I thought the hexagon from the Spellbinders snowflake set would be fun in place of the circle element.


I received this beautiful card from Arlene (A Bit of This and That) in California. I just love the blue flowers and the gorgeous marbled quilted background (it's patterned paper)!! Arlene's a teamie with me at Die Cut Divas - check out our challenges if you like to use die cuts. Arlene also sent me a bunch of die cuts that will come in handy for future cards - thanks, Arlene!! 


You can still sign up to participate in February Card Chain - go HERE by the 6th; you only need to make and mail one card - so fun! Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!




9 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely card to send and another one you received! Great combination of elements with your hex and rose - very imaginative!

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful creation! Love your take on the sketch and the colors too! Really wonderful! And what a fabulous card you received from Arlene!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Linda. The geometric element is lovely. And lucky you getting Arlene's lovely card

papierelle said...

Your card really lights up and I'm amazed at how well you did the sketch and the color scheme.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely use of both sketch and colours Linda and that's a beautiful layering rose, so pretty!

HilaryJane said...

The chain was so long this month that I ran out of time before I got to you yesterday, but here I am today. I love the bold colours of your card. The yellow and red look fantastic. Arlene's card is pretty special too xx

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully stamped. I love the use of shape die and the flower is just lovely, Linda! Hope you are staying well and keeping healthy!

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the colors and the sketch, linda.

Greta said...

No kidding?! You kept up Spanish through college & wrote to Marga in Spanish?! I learned something new about you--very impressed! Wonderful card & love the one you received!