Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Featuring the Sentiment!

Hey crafty friends - thought I'd pop in with a card for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge to feature the sentiment. When I saw the theme I knew exactly which stamp set to grab!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Core'dinations Black, Silver Dream from Anchor Paper;
Paper Studio glitter and Old World Winter
Stamp - Hero Arts Jolly (retired)
Dies - Sunny Studio Snowflake Circle Frame
Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangles
Other - Versamark ink; Hero Arts gems
Taylored Expressions silver EP

Yes, I reached for Hero Arts Jolly clear set containing 3 jumbo words - Jolly, Merry & Peace. I've used it many times before; go HERE, if desired, for a slimline example. And if you search my blog for Jolly, you'll find other examples using each word. I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink and silver embossed it onto a panel die cut with a PFS Folk Edge Rectangle die. I matted it with a silver frame and then a black frame cut with the plain rectangle included in the PFS set. I used the largest PFS Folk Rectangle to cut a piece of Old World Winter paper and adhered it to a white card, layering the Merry block with some extra rectangles behind for dimension. I love that Old World Winter snowflake paper so much I had to go out and buy another pad this morning - I had none left! Luckily the Paper Studio products are 50% off at Hobby Lobby right now - hmmm, maybe I should've bought more....

I had die cut many snowflakes while working on cards for this post. I thought a bunch of gold and silver ones would look great sprinkled around the sentiment. Added a few gems - done!

My card will also venture over to Watercooler Wednesday where Helen is doing All About Occasions.

Thanks for stopping and have a wonderful day!!

 



12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Great use of that merry stamp, love the snowflakes and the framing xx

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
Love big sentiments !
groeten Ineke

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card, perfect for the challenge.

Jean said...

Perfection - just love the choices you made to coordinate with the big sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors and the added bling, this is pretty!

Dawn T said...

Awesome Linda. Love the big sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

papierelle said...

I'm always happy when I see that other people are still making Christmas cards too. Then we are well prepared.
I like your card very much with the big sentiment!!!

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous card, linda!

Dotty Jo said...

This is so lovely, Linda, what a stylish card and that stamp is the perfect choice! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart challenge with Jen and me, Jo x

Created by Kath said...

A very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty, Linda! That is such neat paper--maybe I should go shopping which I never do these days!

Jen W. said...

That patterned paper is gorgeous! (I can see why you went and bought more!). It's the perfect subtle background for that fabulous sentiment and I love all the snowflakes! Thanks for playing along at Christmas Kickstart Challenge!