Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Some Glittery Snowflake Cards

Happy weekend! I'm finally getting a start on my Christmas cards, thanks to a couple of challenges. My first card is for the current Christmas Kickstart challenge where Jo & her elf Cornelia are doing a rainbow theme. How fun is that?!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Glitter cardstock; Co'redinations Black
Dies - Sunny Studio Snowflake Circle Frame;
Stamps - Divinity Designs Snowflake Background;
Hero Arts Frosty Wishes (retired)
Inks - Hero Arts Silver; Memento Tuxedo Black

I was very inspired by various cards Sally (Cinnamon Sally Designs) has made with glittery snowflakes; go here and here for some recent beauties. Pulled out my glitter cardstock pad - no yellow. Popped over to Hobby Lobby to look for some. Their glitter paper pads contain 12 colors but gold and silver got in, not yellow. The open stock rack had 12x12 sheets of many more colors from the same HL brand (Paper Studio) - all 50% off!! And yellow was among them - yay! I used a deep purple for my indigo - might have tried a deeper blue 12x12 sheet they called Navy (not to my eye!). Oh well, next time....

I die cut the snowflakes from Sunny Studio's Snowflake Circle Frame set - super easy since they come as one die! Next I cut the frame (makes a good wreath) in black and in white. Decided to do a black frame on a white card. Looked a bit boring, so I stamped a snowflake background lightly in silver and die cut with a stitched rectangle. Then I added some brush strokes and stippling with my Nuvo brush since it was out from yesterday's card. Adhered the snowflake panel to the card base, stamped the sentiment in black and glued the frame and snowflakes on top - done! Very quick & easy.

While the snowflake die set was out, I decided to cut some silver and gold ones and play along with the January CAS Christmas challenge. Oops - too late; that challenge closed 1/24. Do check that challenge for inspiration, though, and a new challenge drops on 2/3 (hope to get there!).

Additional supplies: 
Paper - Anchor Paper silver dream
Die - Pink Fresh Studio Folk Edge Rectangles
(sold out at PFS but found at Frantic Stamper here)
Other - SSS Sentiment Strip

I had a second white panel stamped with the snowflake background; cut this one with a new-to-me PFS die set. Added it to a silver card along with the snowflakes & a sentiment strip - very simple!

I'll add card two to Darnell's January NBUS challenge since my folk frame is new and to Dawn's All About Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday. 

That's it for today - thanks for stopping!! I'll be back on Monday for the last day of our Die Cut Diva January challenge - please check it out and we hope to see you in the gallery!

 

12 comments:

JoAnn said...

Pretty cards. Love the glittery snowflakes. The silver and gold one is so petty. Love your new die you cut the white panel with. TFS

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful snowflake cards Linda. Your rainbow card is so pretty and totally love the elegance of your second one. Happy to have you share it with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Love your sparkling snowflakes, Linda! These are both pretty cards!

Tina Z. said...

wow, stunning design!

papierelle said...

It doesn't matter what snowflakes look like, whether they're white or colorful... they're always enchanting. Gorgeous cards!!!

Helen said...

What a clever idea to start your Christmas cards now Linda! Such a pretty background panel for these lovely snowflakes. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful and elegant!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Linda! I love the rainbow snowflakes so much. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Cornelia and me, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Linda one would think that I’d love your second card best of the two…I’m not much a rainbow fan but those are such fun and colorful snowflakes I LOVE that wreath!

Jean said...

Just fantastic! It's fun to see how different the cards are with just a few changes!

Trina P. said...

Both cards are beautiful. Fabulous use of the snowflake die.

Greta said...

I love snowflakes, so both of these are right down my alley! Never would have thought of rainbow colors for snowflakes, but love how your card turned out!