Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 28, 2022

Sea You Soon!

Hey crafty friends - it's been a while! Today I have a card for the current Let's Squash It challenge Under the Sea.

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; 
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb
Stamps - Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit May 2021 (sold out)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
MMH dies to match stamps
Embossing Folder - Sizzix/Hero Arts 658286 Medallion Embossing Folder Pairs (retired)
Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean, Speckled Egg
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape

I flipped through my embossing folders and found a loose one with a swirly pattern that I recognized as an old Sizzix/Hero Arts one. I found the folder name by searching my Flickr photostream using key words that might match. Go here, if interested, to see a card I made with it in 2013 - I found it under "magical" because I remembered Hero Arts having such a background stamp. I used Nuvo brushes to apply Distress inks to a piece of white Neenah. Cut into a stitched rectangle and embossed. Added some direct-to-paper ink over the raised dots.

Next I flipped through my stash of My Monthly Hero kits - there have been a bunch over the years with a sea theme. Sure enough May 2021 fit the bill - and I didn't use it until today, yikes! Well, less than a year, not bad. Stamped, die cut and colored the images and a sentiment. Assembled the card, popping up the sentiment and sea horse with foam tape. Done!

I'll also add this to Darnell's January NBUS challenge since my MMH got first play today.

Quick post - I've been busy helping my parents. Sorry if I haven't visited your blog lately but I'll try to get there soon! Take care and happy crafting!!

 
 




17 comments:

!neke said...

Great card !!!!
See you !!!!!
groeten Ineke

Cat Craig said...

Those raised swirls make a great underwater background Linda.

Jean said...

Fantastic combination of elements for a fun, ocean-themed friendship card.

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous underwater scene, Linda! I like the movement the background creates!

Dawn T said...

a beautiful card Linda. Great use of your embossing folder for your sea scene.

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful and clever card, your background is perfect and I love the colours. I hope things settle down for your parents soon xx

Rosemary said...

fabulous sea themed card, linda. the embossed background is the perfect backdrop.

Jeanne H said...

What I like is the colors you used for your underwater scene. Hugs and take care of your self too.

Angelnorth said...

This is lovely Linda, the background looks great and I love the vivid colours of all your elements!

Cindy C. said...

So nice to "sea" this lovely scene! Great textures and beautiful coloring!!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful undersea scene. You’ve managed to combine the products brilliantly.

Greta said...

I just saw that bg stamp in my stash! Using the ef for your sea background was a brilliant idea--great card, Linda!

Tina Z. said...

wow, this is such an amazing design, I love it!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous use of the dotty swirl EF for the background for you wonderful Under the Sea card Linda, Robyn

Janis said...

What a fabulous scene! Love that swirly embossing folder for your background and the gorgeous coloring. Fun sentiment, too.
Thank you for joining us Under the Sea at Let's Squash It!

<3
Janis
Guest Designer

ionabunny said...

Awesome card Linda. Love the swirly dotty background and the lovely coral and seahorse. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

Marianne said...

Such a happy card, Linda. The EF makes for a great background for your fabulous and colourful underwater scene.
I have so many NBUS supplies it's embarrassing, but I'm trying hard to start using them.
Marianne x