Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 31, 2022

Last Day for Florals at Die Cut Divas

Hi all - I'm part of the last day of the month post at Die Cut Divas! We've been sharing sponsor Rachel Vass florals in our designs all month. I did another version of her Floral Heart digi for today's card.

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio red & glitter
Digi - Rachel Vass Floral Heart
Embossing folder - Memory Box Stunning Mandala
Other - Copic Markers; scrap of ribbon from a package


For this card, I embossed the entire card base - it looks so pretty from all angles. You can see another card I made using part of the mandala here. I printed a digi heart, colored it and fussy cut, then sliced in half, placing a half on each side of my gatefold. I adhered a die cut heart to one side, thinking it would hold it closed. Nope.

Here's a photo of the card without the ribbon - that's how closed it stayed so the ribbon saved it. :) Haven't finished the inside yet...but it'll be a Valentine card.


Now for a bonus card using the smallest floral heart digi I had sized & printed. I die cut the printed panel into a square, colored the image and matted it, then added it to a rectangle of patterned paper. Adhered to an A2 card, then added a favorite Sunny Studio die cut sentiment & some gems - done!

Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Core'dinations black;
Authentique patterned; Paper Studio glitter
Digi - Rachel Vass Floral Heart
Dies - Sunny Studio Blooming Frame (sentiment);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop;
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Other - Copic Markers; Park Lane gems

Still with me? Why not another bonus?! This one uses the leafy bits from the jumbo floral heart I printed & cut up for my 1/21 post (I used the jumbo flowers for three cards). I made a Valentine card using the Hero Arts January My Monthly Hero Kit, plus the small flower from HA's Autumn Bouquet Fancy Dies. I used the curved leafy sprigs from the top of the heart and still have the straighter bottom ones already colored for future use!


That's it, friends. You have until 9pm Pacific Time today to add your floral themed card (including any die cuts or embossing folders) to our January challenge gallery. Hope to see you there!!

Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Love your gatefold card and the the other two cards are so pretty. Love the key one especially.

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous cards Linda, i think the first one is my fav, always love a red card!

Cindy C. said...

Wow all so beautiful, you've been creative with that digi stamp!

Arlene said...

WOW, fantastic cards, all of them, each so different and just lovely!

Jean said...

Terrific color, texture, and pattern! Very imaginative designs.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards and I am loving the gatefold.

papierelle said...

Awesome cards!!! I especially like the third card and your keyhole idea!!!

Greta said...

Way behind, so doing a little blog reading tonight. Really love the beautiful wreath cards, Linda!