Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 8, 2021

Feminine and Masculine birthdays

 Hey crafty friends - I'm popping in with a couple of quick birthday cards. A feminine one for niece Annika (turning 20, yikes!!) and a masculine one for my "bro-in-law" Doug.


Supplies:  Paper - Recollections A7 card; 
Core'dinations black; Neenah white; 
Concord & 9th Evergreen; Sunny Studio Classic Gingham;
BoBunny dotted swiss
Stamps - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy
Dies - Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy;
My Favorite Things Flutter of Butterflies (retired)
Spellbinders Sentiments One

When I made a previous project using roses stamped on yellow cardstock, I also stamped some on white cardstock. I decided to pair a couple with Hero Arts die cut leaves atop a gingham panel. I love how the slimline zig zag layer works on this A7 card.

I used the same sentiment die on my masculine card - to me it's the kind of font that works for both. The Authentique Suave paper really did all the work here - so helpful since I struggle with masculine cards!


Supplies: Paper - Authentique Suave; 
Paper Studio Grey; Core'dinations Black
Dies - Spellbinders Sentiments One

That's it for today. I'm sending the feminine card to Watercooler Wednesday Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist. Thanks for visiting!!




8 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card. x

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week,

Cat Craig said...

You caught the essence of both girly and manly in each of the cards. Fabulous pair.

Betty said...

two great cards, Linda - love the bright colors for your feminine card and that funny guy with the hat on your masculine card is so cute!

Jean said...

Wonderful masculine and feminine birthday cards!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards Linda and thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Rosemary said...

Great set of birthday cards, Linda!

Greta said...

Both are great! Masculine cards are hard, but this is one of the best ever!