Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A Flower Garden Twofer

Welcome! I'm playing along today at the Twofer Challenge - Challenge 34 Flowers! The Twofer Challenge has been around for three years already - woo hoo! Congrats Darnell and team!! Year four begins with a fave theme of mine - flowers; here's my Twofer:


I love this challenge because you need two cards for different occasions using the same stamp, die or stencil, plus different designs. I enjoy using the same item in different ways, plus it's a great way to increase the card stash. I always approach the challenge by making whatever I need using the prompt. As I work on card one, the idea for card two usually appears in my brain. My item in common is a gorgeous cover die from Hero Arts. Here's a closer look at each card with supply list.

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts A2 card; 
Lawn Fawn plaid; Michael's green
Dies - Hero Arts Flower Garden Fancy Die;
A Jillian Vance Design Dot Stitched Rectangle
Other - WPlus9 enamel dots; Joy Ultra thin foam tape;
Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strips Thanks

I actually made the thank you card second but it contains the inspiration - the green flower garden cover diecut. It's been in my stash since I got the die - I cut a test piece using green paper and there it sat. My idea was to use a flower at the corner of the die so I trimmed it off for the valentine. I trimmed more away to create an uneven strip - that piece came to the thank you card. Plaid background on an A2 card, sentiment strips, enamel dots, & done!!

Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card and glitter paper;
American Crafts glitter paper; Neenah white;
Michael's green; Core'dinations black
Dies - Hero Arts Flower Garden Fancy Die &
Stamps - Avocado Arts (NLIB) Sweet Treat Sweetie 
Other - Versamark Ink; Ranger Seafoam White ep


I recently got some Sunny Studio frilly frames - love, love, love!! The one I used today for the first time has a lattice insert. I cut the lattice directly into the A2 card front and then backed it with a very sheer glitter paper. The light shines through beautifully in real life. Since I needed a Valentine, I added a large heart and topped it with the flower and leaves. Note: I meant to top the green flower with a white one. Ended up snipping the leaves away from the green flower and using them with the second white flower. Stamped and white embossed a sentiment trimmed to an arrow-ish shape. Done!

I was excited to win a random prize for Twofer 33 back in November - a generous $20 from Art Impressions. Finally got around to ordering after the holidays and received my goodies from Claire today - yay!! Thanks Darnell and Claire!! Goodies include a stamp set with flowers that I'll put on another Twofer later this month week,

I'm also adding my Valentine to the January NBUS Challenge since the frilly frame got first play today. Thanks Darnell for two fun challenges!! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

 



10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda. Both are so pretty.

Cindy C. said...

Both so pretty!!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful set of card, linda! loving all the glitter on the second one!

Bonnie said...

Two bright and pretty cards, Linda! Love how you've put the single flower on the schparkly heart! The green die cuts are so pretty on the fabulous plaid background! Thanks for sharing two different designs at The Twofer Challenge!

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Linda.

Cat Craig said...

Happy darling cards, Linda.

Happy Dance said...

Such a dynamic duo, Linda! That HA die is stunning...Love how you've made such a bright and happy Thank You card. The plaid beneath compliments those flowers and leaves so well, too. I saw the lattice frame the other day while perusing over at EH, and nearly put it in my cart..now I wish I had! Sweet valentine. That flower is just the right size for your heart, and the pop of green leaves is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Stay safe. Bev

Jean said...

Entirely different; both are fantastic!

Darnell said...

You are a talented surgeon, Linda! I love how you used that cover die for both your beautiful designs! It makes a pretty spring overlay on your lovely plaid thank you card and it's so sweet taking center stage on your romantic Valentine! And that frilly frame and background glitter paper make a complete composition! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34 and sharing with everyone at NBUS! I appreciate your enthusiasm and support! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

What a neat cover plate & wonderful way to make 2 totally different cards!