Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 4, 2021

Santa Silhouette

Hey crafty friends - I'm popping in with an extremely quick Christmas card for some challenges. I need these challenges to get my yearly stash of cards built - this is my first Christmas card of 2021!!


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Core'dinations black
Die - Spellbinders From Our Home to Yours (retired)
Other - CZ Designs Reverse Christmas sentiment strip; foam tape

I recently received the Spellbinders die set from Virginia (Yes, Virginia) as a Show & Share prize - thanks again, Virginia!! I thought the Santa silhouette would be perfect for the CAS Christmas challenge. I cut him from black, added foam tape and adhered to a green card (after drawing a bit of ground for him). Added the sentiment strip with flag ends that I'd hand cut. Done!! Super quick and easy - perfect for mass production. Santa looks so cute raising his cup of cocoa, coffee, tea - whatever warm beverage you put out for him!

Really skating in at the last minute for Christmas Kickstart but I wanted to play along with Jo who has her mum as the Elf this fortnight. Thanks ladies!! And at Watercooler Wednesday, today's the final day of a three week Anything Goes Challenge that I've been meaning to enter - glad I made it!!

Thanks for stopping!! After a holiday break at chorus we're back to online rehearsals tonight - off to get my presentation ready.... Happy crafting!

Challenges:
CAS Christmas - Silhouette
Christmas Kickstart - If It's Christmassy
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - Santa is getting his first use today
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes

 


 




18 comments:

Darnell said...

What a cool Santa silhouette!! I love it, Linda, and love that it's perfect for batch making! Now if I know Santa, he has added a little sumpin sumpin to his hot cocoa to keep him going and who could blame him?! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy singing and Happy New Year Hugs, Darnell

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooo, what a fun card, Linda - I love it! I'm also eyeing those other challenges and have a card in mind. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart - it's so good t have you in the gallery again, Jo x

Cindy C. said...

Linda what a wonderful CAS design!

Karen Brown said...

What a darling Christmas card! Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Cathy said...

Such a fun silhouette image Linda! Gorgeous CAS design and perfect for lots of quick cards, thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Betty said...

lucky you to win such a cute Santa - and it certainly made a wonderful card!

Dawn T said...

I love this one Linda. Superb silhouette.

papierelle said...

I love silhouettes and your card ist simple and beautiful!!

Pat said...

He looks like a really jolly Santa Linda and perfect for CAS Christmas and love the bright green card as a background and some ink shading to ground him nicely, also the matching white on black sentiment strip to finish..a great card! x

Trina P. said...

The Santa silhouette is so cute. He really pops against the bright green base.

Cat Craig said...

Great Santa silhouette! And good for you for getting started!

Rosemary said...

great clean and simple design, linda!

Loll said...

LOVE your silhouette Santa with the bright green background Linda! Awesome card! xx

Jean said...

Fun color scheme for that silhouette!

Greta said...

What a darling Santa & sweet card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

what a wonderful Santa Linda! and I love the bright green background!! thanks for joining in my challenge at CAS Christmas!! xx

Christine Alexander said...

what a jolly old Santa and love the bright green background it's a perfect colour combo with the black. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Jeanne H said...

Congrats on your top pick! What a great silhouette.