Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 23, 2021

More Twofer Flowers

Hey everyone - thought I'd skate in before the January Twofer Challenge closes tomorrow! I went to the mailbox today and came back with my order from Sunny Studio - woo hoo!! I got right to work and quickly made a Twofer with some NBUS! 😁😁

I used Sunny's Botanical Backdrop as my common item. It's actually a leafy frame with a bunch of flower parts included. As with many brands, the dies come linked with thin metal that you need to snip if you want separate dies. In this case, the flower parts were linked inside the frame. Before I snipped them (maybe I never will...), I decided to dry emboss some backgrounds; you can see one on the Valentine. Here's a closer look:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio, BoBunny Love & Lace;
Dies - Sunny Studios Botanical Backdrop;
Hero Arts Valentine (retired) and
Other - Hampton Art Studio G gem

The die used on the pink flower can be a layer for a more solid flower as you can see on card two. I thought it went well with the lacy BoBunny paper on card one.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio; Lawn Fawn
Dies - Sunny Studio Botanical Backdrop
Other - Versamark Ink; Ranger Princess Gold ep

Thankfully I don't need any sympathy cards but I ordered Sunny Studio's new sympathy set. Decided to try some of the sentiments with the leafy frame and a single flower (embossed & die cut for card one). I cut a second leafy frame in black to give a shadow to portions of the green one. Arranged the sentiment stamps to fit in the frame then stamped and gold embossed them.

Many thanks to Mendi for the fabulous items, including a sweet ladybug die freebie!! My cards today give a little sneak peek for an upcoming Die Cut Divas challenge (won't spill the month, nor the theme) when Sunny Studio will be our sponsor. We can't thank Mendi enough; I'm so excited to share even more new goodies then!!

Also sending my cards to the January NBUS Challenge - I'll just pop the Twofer photo since both contain NBUS. Thanks Darnell for the fun challenges!! Plus, I can add my Valentine to the current Hero Arts Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge (#19 already; I've missed the last few - sorry!) since I used a heart. Thanks Hero Arts!!

We're getting some snow today, expecting 2-5". I'm glad to be indoors, snug & warm & enjoying some crafty time. Thanks for stopping!!






11 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are fabulous cards and the black and red valentine one is stunning.

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful cards Linda. You certainly used the dies in two quite different ways,

Trina P. said...

Terrific twofers! Great use of the die! Brilliant to keep them attached and dry emboss with it and create that stunning Valentine’s card.

Darnell said...

You are on a roll, Linda! I love that dark and romantic Valentine and your sympathy card will bring someone a lot of comfort. Enjoy the snow from your cozy nook indoors! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34 and sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep safe and take care! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Great stretching of that die Linda!

Rosemary said...

really clever way to use the one die for the challenges, linda! wonderful set of cards!

Bonnie said...

I'm impressed that you used your new toys so quickly, Linda! I often can't get to them for a while and forget why I ordered. Shameful, isn't it? I love the way you've embossed the valentine with the die and added that sweet flower to the heart! The layered flower is so pretty nestled in the leafy frame! Always good to have sympathy cards in the stash! Thanks so much for sharing these with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Greta said...

Great dry embossing with that neat die! Great cards!

Anita in France said...

The texture and shimmery colour combo on your Saint Valentine's Day card is so dramatic and striking, Linda ... such an elegant look! Your sympathy card with the shadowed leaves and soft yellow bloom is lovely ... the gold adds such a delicate richness to your design! Thanks once again for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Jean said...

As usual, you've created two unique and stunning cards with the same element!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.