Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Frankly my dear

Hey there - hope you're having or have had a great weekend!! We got a few inches of snow on Friday and then a dusting overnight - looks very pretty but a bit treacherous for driving at first!! Today I'm sharing a bit of snark for my chorus friend Debbie who has a birthday next week.

Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card;
Michael's green; Neenah white; Paper Studio pink; 
Core'dinations black;
Stamps - CAS-ual Fridays Frankly'isms;
Taylored Expressions Exercise Grumplings (plus die)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints  (retired)
Emboss/Cut folder - Sizzix Birthday Smiles (retired)
Other - Copic Markers (B00, C00, C01, R00, RV09, R24);
Memento Tuxedo Black and Hero Arts green inks

I won a prize last year at the Card Chain Challenge from Gail (Crafty Nomad) who had CAS-ual Fridays send me a few goodies. I ordered from CF too, mostly recently getting a snarky bday sentiment set. Thought it would be perfect for Debbie who loves that character Maxine from Hallmark (I sent her a Maxine page-a-day calendar for Christmas). 

I happened to have a large pile of embossing folders laying around from last week when I made a card for Let's Squash It!! One of them, containing cute emojis, embosses and cuts in one pass. Decided that would work for Debbie's bday and the current Let's Squash It!! Challenge to include an ef and an animal (second of three allowed). I inked it direct to paper to highlight the embossing. The embossed piece has a unicorn in the upper right corner but I needed something to balance my sentiment. I chose a cute work-out bunny from Taylored Expressions for my animal element. Some of these grumplings have made it onto various cards to Debbie in the past and she always gets a chuckle out of them! The inside sentiment, from the same CF set, says "We're still HOT it just comes in FLASHES". Debbie will laugh at that too!!

I will also share at the January NBUS Challenge since my Frankly'isms set is getting first play today. And at Watercooler Wednesday All About Occasions (second of three allowed) given the bday occasion.

Nothing else is new here - just waiting around 'til the vaccine finally trickles down to my age group. Dad got a letter inviting him but he'd have to travel two hours to get it (cold storage issue). No thanks - we'll wait 'til both parents can go locally! Take care, stay safe, & happy crafting!!

 
















10 comments:

Rosemary said...

What fun card, Linda! I know your friend will love it!

Dawn T said...

What a great card Linda. Quite amusing. Happy to see you sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

Kate said...

Cute card Linda! Your friend is very lucky! Keep safe, Kate

Cat Craig said...

Lol great card.

Created by Kath said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath

Tristan said...

Fun and bright card Linda. Love your sassy bunny. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wendnesday Challenge this week. tristan DT.

Jean said...

What a fantastic combination of elements for this fun card!

Dotty Jo said...

What a fun card! I always love Danielle's Grumplings. Fab colour combo and a new-to-me EF too. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It, Jo x

Greta said...

Oh fun--bet she loves it! 2 hrs would be difficult. Hope they can get vaccinated soon. Hopefully Oregon gets more vaccine so hubby & I can get shots during February. That's all I want for my BD present--haha!

ionabunny said...

That folder is fab. Perfect backdrop for your grumpling. Love those zingy colours. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz