Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Howl Your Heart Out

Hey crafty friends - welcome! Today I'm here with a card I made yesterday afternoon & planned to post then but I screwed up at Die Cut Divas! Normally I do a Design Team post on the 21st and somehow it published at DCD on the 20th - oh well.... So I went ahead and published my personal post on the Diva card yesterday and will share my gnome card today.

Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle & Co A2 card;
Core'dinations black; Neenah white;
Michael's green
Stamps - Lost Coast Designs ZZ-Top Gnome 1 (new)
Raisin Boat Feel the Beat (retired)
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Reversible Music (retired)
Other - Copic Markers, pencils, Hero Arts Lacquer

Isn't this gnome from Lost Coast Designs the cutest??!! I won him as a prize at the Mod Squad Challenge back in October and I finally had a chance to play with him for the first time. Gail (Crafty Nomad) shared a gnome card on Saturday announcing a new challenge at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity and I knew I had to play along with my gnomie!! I planned my card to include elements I'd need to also post at the current Let's Squash It!! Challenge (use an embossing folder & an animal). My singing/howling doggie is from a Christmas set but there's nothing specifically Christmassy about him. I knew he'd be the perfect companion to my guitar playing gnome! The Raisin Boat "your heart out" sentiment has words like sing and dance to accompany it but I used the "howl" from the Inky Antics set which says "Happy Howl-idays". Love that one along with the pups in the set!!

I will also add this card to the January NBUS challenge since my gnomie is new! And to Watercooler Wednesday where the new challenge is Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist - my card will eventually go to a guitar playing man. Finally to Sisterhood of Crafters where the current challenge is to use embossing or a die cut. Thanks to all for the fun challenges!!

Thanks for visiting & I hope you're having a creative week!!

 

 








 


17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Ha ha ha, brilliant! Jo x

Betty said...

very funny! and fun!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Love this card Linda! What a great image and it looks like my puppy whenever my hubby would sing - she'd start barking! Too funny! Wonderful blended background! Take care and stay safe!
Hugs - Rachelle : )

Bonnie Lynn said...

I love your rockin gnomie card!! That dog is perfect with him along with the embossed music notes. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love on my blog.

aussie aNNie said...

haha oh what a gorgeous card, love that dog singing along and your colouring is super. xx

Rosemary said...

Ha! What a funny card, Linda! Love that groovy gnome and his howling companion!

Laurie said...

Great card and perfect sentiment for this ZZTop Gnome! Nice coloring as well. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

papierelle said...

Your card is so cool and funny, I have to smile!!

Riet Harikini said...

What a wonderful card, makes my heart sing. I love the guitar gnome.Thanks for playing with us at the Lost coast designs gnome challenge.

Sue said...

This is fabulous, those two look so good together! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Jean said...

A fun image indeed. Your colored background perfectly plays with the focal image.

Darlene said...

Oh Linda this image is too funny! Great job! Thanks for the smile! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Karen Brown said...

Such a cute card! That "singing" dog makes me smile. :-) Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Dawn T said...

LOL... what a fun card Linda.

Trina P. said...

So fun! The colourful background suits the image and vibe of the card perfectly.

Greta said...

Oh funny!

ionabunny said...

This is gorgeous Linda. Love the bright embossed background and one gnome and his dog makes such a fun scene. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz