Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, January 11, 2021

Color Layering Deer

Hey crafty friends - thought I'd pop back with a card using the deer set I'd intended to use the other day when I spotted the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge Such a Deer. I combined elements so I could also use it for the current Let's Squash It!! Challenge. Gail & Jo are using an animal along with an embossing folder. Deer = animal so I was good on that piece. 😁😁


Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey Aspen Frost; 
Paper Studio kraft, red & A2 card; Neenah white;
Strathmore Watercolor 140lb
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Deer (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Square Grid Coverup (retired);
Spellbinders Snowflake Splendor
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz Birch Trees (retired)
Jolee snowflake gems

I had a spare window frame from last month's Squash card so incorporated it atop my embossed panel. I embossed a piece of kraft card with the Tim Holtz Birch Trees. Didn't like the deer portrait style so, what the heck, you can't really tell they're birch trees on the kraft card anyway - I made it landscape.

I really prefer how my deer turned out for a Merry Monday card nearly 4 years ago - check it out HERE if desired. I stamped the current deer on watercolor paper and the colors ended up rather dark. Oh well, I went with it anyway after moving the color around a bit with a wet brush.

I'm also adding this to the January NBUS Challenge since my snowflake is new. The Snowflake Splendor set is the second one I picked up at my Hobby Lobby shopping spree the other day.

Thanks for stopping - hope you're having a crafty week!








12 comments:

Salnclts said...

How cute!

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done!!!

Betty said...

great card for those challenges, Linda - wonderful background!

Cat Craig said...

great for all the challenges Linda!

aussie aNNie said...

Great card Linda, lovely background too. xx

Greta said...

Creative & lovely!

Trina P. said...

Lovely and well thought out to combine the challenges.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. That is an adorable deer

Carol L said...

I just love how this came together with the landscape version of the embossing folder behind all the little windows! Love the deer image in darker colors too - he's got his winter coat on all ready for the bitter cold weather on the way! Beautiful card!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Linda. That deer is such a dear! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart and Let's Squash It! I love that you're supporting both ventures yet again - thanks so much, Jo x

Jean said...

Great job on those challenges with your take! I like the texture that the birch trees added on their side.

ionabunny said...

Fab card Linda. I like you used your folder unconventionally with the trees horizontal. Your deer is very pretty. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and Christmas Kickstart. Hugz