Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Dear Deer

Happy weekend everyone - so glad you stopped by! I'm playing along at Christmas Kickstart where the theme is Such a Deer. Love this theme and was going in one direction but ended up elsewhere!



Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 card; Paper Studio;
Authentique A Magical Christmas; Momenta Gemstones
Why did I go off my original plan (as if I need a reason...)? I went to Hobby Lobby for some quick shopping and found Sizzix & Spellbinder dies 40% off. I picked up one of each, selecting the character box set partly since it had a reindeer head on it. I turned it into a feminine deer adding some eyelashes with a marker & using the bow die meant for the gingerbread cookie character. Used the gingerbread cookie eye die to cut cheek color. I couldn't find any packages of googly eyes in my stash so performed surgery on some felt bunnies I got at Target for $1 some years back. They can always get transplants once I find my packages...

Will also add to Watercooler Wednesday where Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist and to the January NBUS Challenge since my Sizzix set is new today.

That's it for today - hope all is well in your corner of the world!

 





16 comments:

Betty said...

what a cute little dear deer!

Jean said...

Love those background papers for such a fun deer card!

Michelle W said...

Oh so cure Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Helen said...

Soo cute, Linda! I just love this wonderful little reindeer card! I love all the details you've used! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care and I hope 2021 is a good one for you you and your family! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute reindeer Linda!

Viv said...

Made me smile Linda! Cute deer!

Dotty Jo said...

So glad you headed in this direction! Love your dear, deer, Linda, Jo x

Lin said...

She's a cutie, Linda! Love the mix of papers in the background, too!

Trina P. said...

You seem to always find the deals. Great buy resulting in this adorable card.

Rosemary said...

Really fun card, Linda! Your reindeer is so cute!

papierelle said...

How cute is this deer? Adorable card!!

Karen Brown said...

Linda, your card is SO cute! I love that you made your deer into a girl with her feminine make-up and bow. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Created by Kath said...

Your card is darling! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath

Greta said...

So cute & love the papers!

Darnell said...

What a hoot, Linda! If it didn't hurt to guffaw, I would have startled the dog with my laughter! I love how you cannibalized your felt bunnies and put together all the other elements to make this feminine and quite fetching dear deer with loads of cool pp for the background!! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

ionabunny said...

Ouch, poor bunnies, but that is a really cute deer Linda. She looks so cute. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Hugz