Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, January 29, 2021

Botanical birthdays

Hey crafty friends - hope you're enjoying the weekend!! Since I had some pieces from Sunny Studio's Botanical Backdrop still on the craft table, I used them on three quick and easy birthday cards. If you missed my Twofer Challenge cards using this die, see them here if interested.


When I dry embossed a black panel for my Twofer, I also did one in white and one in kraft. Those panels were my jumping off point for cards one and two. On both of these I overlaid an embossed flower with a die cut one and added extra bits. Because I had die cut an entire glittery panel with all the flower parts too, I had an extra leafy frame for card three. I'm adding that one to Watercooler Wednesday for the current All About Occasions Challenge. The sentiment is from a new Sunny Studio bday set called Inside Greetings Birthday - love this set!!

Quick post today - off to think of designs for a masculine birthday and for my Die Cut Diva February posts. Better get moving!!

Thanks for stopping!! Check back Sunday if you're interested in last day inspiration for the Die Cut Diva January Challenge - would love to see your cards in the gallery!! Happy crafting!!




14 comments:

Dawn T said...

Stunning cards Linda. All are so pretty. Especially like the last one with the glittery leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week

CinnamonSally said...

Such pretty cards Linda!

Lin said...

That's a great die, Linda (thanks for enabling!), and you've shown us some lovely examples using it! Sunny Studio makes some fun products!

HilaryJane said...

What gorgeous cards, love that embossing and how you have fitted the die cut into the embossed front. What an amazing die that is and an excellent idea to use it to emboss. Love the leafy frame it gives you too xx

Betty said...

that really is a great die and love it dry embossed -give such a lovely background!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful birthday cards. Great idea to emboss a bunch of panels while making your twofer.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards and isn't great to get cards made from stuff easily grabbed.

Tindaloo said...

Such gorgeous cards Linda! love the impression backgrounds ♥
thanks for your comment on my blog! u wondered about HA Kit fanatics group, here is the link if u want to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/294053571095572/

Rosemary said...

wow... what an amazing set of cards, linda! i really like how you used the die to emboss the backgrounds on cards one and two and then used the die as it was intended on the third card!

Greta said...

Maybe quick & easy, but they're beautiful! That's a wonderful die!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Karen Brown said...

Three beautiful cards! I especially like the die-cut frame. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Jean said...

Terrific takes on the floral motif!

Created by Kath said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge! Kath DT