Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, January 16, 2021

More Twofer Flowers

Hey everyone - back as promised with another card for Twofer Challenge 34 Flowers, this time using goodies won at Twofer Challenge 33 back in November. Art Impressions gave Darnell a $20 gift card to award and I was the lucky recipient!! Here's my Twofer using Art Impressions Sweet Wishes:


Being a Valentine baby, I love to collect Valentine sets. I was delighted to add Sweet Wishes to the stash, thanks to AI and Darnell!! The set has four images, three sentiments and 2 dies to create a Tri-fold card. I tried it the intended way for the Valentine card - it's 4.5x11", scored at 3 5/8" from each end of the long side & folded in. You simply stamp the wreath on the front and die cut the center out. Next line up the mailbox on the next flap, stamp it & die cut the door. Finally stamp the birdie with heart on the inside. I colored with pencils to avoid any bleeding through of Copics. Here's a closer look at the front and second flap with inside showing:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps & Dies - Art Impressions Sweet Wishes
Other - various pencils; scrap of ribbon; Hobby Lobby heart

I was lazy and didn't photograph the inside layer. I used the MISTI to align my images without penciling anything. The birdie could've been up a bit higher to show more of the heart but I went with it. I closed the card with a ribbon tied round it, nothing fancy. AI suggests their Clasp-Keeper which doesn't appear on their site anymore. Oddly enough, I have one of these around somewhere... oh well. 

For card two, I needed a birthday card for a childhood friend so stamped a second wreath. Used the die to cut the interior, then fussy cut the exterior. Colored with Copics (BV0000, BV00, BV12, YG41 & Y07). Placed it atop a diecut Sunny Studio panel - Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace which I'd embossed using the insert. Added Simon Says Stamp sentiment strips and some stickles - done! Totally forgot to take a photograph of card two by itself since I was in a hurry to get it in the outgoing mail...sorry!

I'm also adding the Valentine to Darnell's January NBUS Challenge since my rose wreath is getting first play and to Watercooler Wednesday's All About Occasions Challenge

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty weekend!!

 






15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on the win! And what a cute set to make such sweet cards from.

Marcia Hill said...

Two beauties for sure Linda!! Love the wreath stamp you used (Congrats!!) on both cards but have to tell you the Valentine card has stolen my heart!! (I'm a almost Valentine gal...b-day is the 13th) Beautiful coloring on both cards too! Thanks so much for sharing with us (again) at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

Tristan said...

Congrats on your win and an awesome pair of cards. I especially love that window card with the mail box. Lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning post with gorgeous card. Love the colours and images used. ♥

Dawn T said...

two beautiful cards. Love the inside as well. Glad you joined us at Watercooler Wednesday as well.

Helen said...

Congratulations on a great win, Linda! I love this sweet set! Your clever designs certainly make the most of this sweet little wreath!! Great cards! Thanks so much for sharing at The Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Take care! :)

Jean said...

So much fun! Very original take on the Twofer challenge.

Betty said...

your wreaths are so pretty and love the little mailbox idea!

Rosemary said...

Another lovely set of cards, Linda!

oldpunca said...

You have created fantastic twofer using new goodies. I like the flower wreath. It is perfectly placed on the embossed panel on the birthday card. Valentine card is so sweet with the mailbox placed into the flower wreath. It is cute how it continues in the interior of the three fold card. Thank you for joining us for the second time at TCC Flowers challenge.
Sonja

Created by Kath said...

Two great cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath

Darnell said...

You chose wisely with your GC, Linda! That's a beautiful little wreath and I love how you used it to make your birthday card with the embossed and scalloped background! And your Valentine is so pretty! I'm sure it is even prettier in person. The way you nestled the mailbox inside the wreath is just precious and I love the inside, too, and how you wrapped the card in a bow! Thank you for playing in TCC again and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. Congratulations on your well-deserved recognition from Watercooler Wednesday! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Such a pretty wreath, Linda ... it's so soft and delicate against the bold textured background on your birthday card! It's lovely as a frame for that sweet mail box and tiny winged visitor ... what a wonderful surprise for the recipient! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Greta said...

Love the wreath & 2 great cards!