Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Final Day for our September Die Cut Diva Challenge!

Hi friends - it's the last day of the month and I'm here with some inspiration for our September Die Cut Diva Challenge. You can see the team post HERE. We're recycling, reusing or repurposing items on our projects; here's my latest effort:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Art Impressions Winter Woodland 6x6"
Stamps w/dies - Art Impressions Woodland Critters (sentiment)
Dies - Art Impressions Large Snowflake Dies
Other - piece of a paper towel box


Art Impressions is our wonderful sponsor this month!

I used the inside portion of a paper towel box to die cut the snowflakes; here's a photo:


I started using these boxed paper towels during Covid and always have some handy. I've been tossing the boxes into recycling when empty but I then spotted the pristine white insides and decided to die cut snowflakes from them!! It's a nice sturdy cardboard, not too thick, but I still needed a metal shim and a few passes in the Vagabond to cut the intricate snowflakes. I'll probably always cut snowflakes from this material now!! I didn't cut apart the dies so could cut all the snowflakes together - very handy!

I covered an A2 card with patterned papers and adhered the snowflakes with a stamped sentiment - so quick and easy!!

How about a bonus? I made a birthday card using some newly used Art Impressions stamps. The little Piñata really makes me smile and I love the chubby font of the sentiment!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Art Impressions Mini Birthday Journal 6x6"
Stamps - Art Impressions Birthday Wishes
Dies - Art Impressions Mini Journal Template (butterfly)
Other - pieces of a chocolate bar wrapper;
Copic Markers; white gel pen;
SSS Starshine dots

For this one, I used the cardboard wrapper to a luxury brand candy bar. I was sampling the chocolate (yummy!) when I noticed the pretty colors of the wrapper. I decided to die cut some items that fit in spots with no text. Here's a photo:


I die cut the butterflies from pinkish colors, including a raspberry, and brown. I cut them a second time to use the body portion, trimming off the wings and layering onto the other die cuts. Then I cut three hearts.

I formed an A2 card from Neenah and added a stitched rectangle and patterned strip to it. Next I stamped, colored and fussy cut the Piñata & sentiment. Die cut a label and arranged everything on the card with some Starshine dots. I will add this card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #90 since the Piñata stamp set got first play here.

Thanks for stopping by &, if you haven't maxed out on four entries, we'd love to see your project in the September Diva Gallery today by 9pm Pacific Time! Happy crafting!!



1 comment:

papierelle said...

A beautiful magical flurry of snowflakes. I hope we get just as many snowflakes again this winter!!