Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, September 18, 2026

Chilly Penguin Pair!

Hey crafty friends - I'm watching Craft Roulette Episode #337 tonight & was able to finish/upload during the LIVE - show started at 6:30 and my card was already posted by 7:47p!



Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Recollections cardstock; Art Impressions gingham;
Paper Studio glitter
Dies - Simon Hurley Flip the Penguin;
Memory Box Merry Christmas Jolly Script (retired)
Birch Press Design Block Print Pine Trees;


Host Mary Gunn had Irene "Hattrick" Smith (‪@IreneSmith_ArtemisMade1‬) as her guest, making her 3rd appearance. Irene hosts Card Chaos (15 minute cards) on Monday nights where I'm a frequent player. Mary calls Irene "Hattrick" because she had Covid 3 times back in the pandemic. I met Irene in person at both Craft Roulette in-person events; she's a bubbly, positive person & talented crafter.

Here's what the crafty roulette wheel spun for our four must-use parameters:



  • Project - A2 card: I formed a top-fold A2 from Neenah.
  • Colors - Pool: I used blue for pool water; other colors could be on swimsuits or toys.
  • Element - Cold or Chilly: I did a snowy scene with penguins who are chilly.
  • Random - Check(S): I used blue gingham paper.

I already had the two penguins cut and assembled on the "mesk" (messy desk) along with the stitched snowbank. Everything else I die cut and assembled. The penguin was an add-on to Simon Hurley's SBC class kit. Since Flip the Penguin got first play today, I'll add my card to Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #90. I'll also share at Merry Little Christmas #70 where Anything Christmas Goes (entry #3) & at Creative Crafters Challenge #104 where Anything Goes.

That's it for today! Nothing new to report on the unfinished Spellbinders and SBC Fest events. I keep trying to get back to them, oh well...

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!





11 comments:

Rosemary said...

Really fun and festive take on the CR parameters, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Linda. I've been thinking something similar with penguins - saw some of the replay and just need to get some time to play. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel well enough to craft!

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card, love the cute die-cut Penguins and gingham paper.
Carol x

Trina P. said...

Wow! You are so quick! Well done as usual... cool cute card!

Cat Craig said...

That gingham looks a bit like snow and makes for a great back drop.

Loll said...

Adorable penguins, Linda. Love the gingham sky. :) Great Christmas card! xx

Jean said...

Pretty darn cute! I like the merriment of the penguins.

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, what a cute pair they are and I love the blue gingham! Delightful card, Linda!

TK said...

Super sweet Christmas card! And congrats on getting it done in lickety-split timing!!

Greta said...

The penguins really are just so cute! Fun card!

papierelle said...

The little penguins with their hats are so cute!!!
Thanks for your email. No, your card hasn't arrived yet. I'll reply in more detail in the next few days.