Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, September 6, 2026

A Reindeer Bauble

Hey crafty friends & Happy Sunday! Labor Day holiday tomorrow in the USA - in Minnesota it signals the final day of the Minnesota State Fair. Still not planning to attend - our weather has been sweltering for this time of year!! Instead, I'm back with another reindeer card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Snow Pine patterned paper; cardstock scraps
Dies - Penny Black Moonlit;
Hero Arts Circle & Wood Frame Infinity Dies;
Impression Obsession Pine Branch;
Birch Press Design Block Print Petal Ornament
Other - B0000, Y00 & E18 Copic; 
Spellbinders puffy sticker sentiment
& Berry gems

I die cut the deer from a scrap of cardstock and colored the antlers with a darker brown Copic. Added a gem to the nose. Next I die cut the two bauble layers. The scalloped one has a large tree but I removed it by rotating the die cut to get scallops all around the interior. This operation also cut off the bauble hanger so I die cut a silver one from a BPD set. I also die cut a circle of pine paper to back the bauble. Shaded the snow edge with a pale blue Copic & the moon with a yellow one. Assembled the bauble and added the deer.

Next I die cut two wood frames and stacked for dimension. Added the frame to a top folding A2 card. I die cut a branch and added it to the frame along with the bauble. A little puffy stitcker NOEL from an old Spellbinders kit completed the card.

This is my second entry for the September CAS Christmas Challenge (Woodland Critters) & at Christmas Kickstart Challenge #114 (Reindeer Games). I will also send my reindeer to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #70 (also entry #2) where Anything Christmas Goes. I'm also playing at Darnell's September NBUS Challenge #90 since my reindeer bauble die set got first use here. I didn't buy it when it first came out in 2020 but I have had it for quite a while! Excited to finally use it!!

Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the long weekend!! 





8 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card, love the little Deer and trees in the circle and the die-cut pine branch.
Carol x

Jean said...

Wonderful textural choices that coordinate with the theme of the card!

Loll said...

Adorable scene with rudolph being the star, Linda. Beautiful framing. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas and Christmas Kickstart #114 - Reindeer Games! xx

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have your little Rudolph in our CAS Christmas gallery, Linda! Thanks for sharing this cute card with us!

Angelnorth said...

Really pretty little bauble scene Linda and that’s a great size pine branch die cut for doing this kind of design, love it!

Dawn T said...

Adorable bauble Linda. And a gorgeous card.

Cat Craig said...

Oh that is such a sweet scene, Linda and makes for a lovely card.

HilaryJane said...

I seem to be falling behind on my visits to you, so sorry. I love the little scene in the bauble, it makes such a cute card xx