Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Yet more mixed media!

Hey everyone - I'm back with another accordion art journal page & card using mixed media inspired by the Hero Arts Mixed Media Stamp Along from July. Just a reminder, you can now purchase the replay and have some mixed media fun along with me! 

First up, my latest journal page (only 4 blank ones left to fill...):

Supplies: see list at end
Additional Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Art Journal Messages

My page used another part of a work surface page (Bristol smooth) that I didn't photograph. I started with a 3" square gelli plate and stamped it with two mini ink cubes into a grid of 9. Misted it and applied to the paper. Some cube impressions showed up very regular looking and others bled out. I also brayered some ink on the same plate and you can see a few obvious edges of that too. I sprayed the panel with water and let dry, then sprayed through a stencil, did some texture stamping and applied some rub-ons (bird & flowers). Also used my glass bottle bottom to stamp some dots trailing behind the bird.

Hero Arts included a freebie stamp set with a purchase during the Stamp Along. I used it to stamp the "dare to" part of the sentiment. The stamp set includes the word dream but, in keeping with many of the other journal pages, I die cut the word from the lower case luggage alphabet set. Love how this turned out!

Next, I made a card using the final piece of the watercolor paper work surface I used during the Stamp Along. I had some extra Happy Birthday diecuts from when I made a previous card using another part of the watercolor work surface panel. The design for today's card is similar but the background was finished differently & I added a white shadow layer (fussy cut) to the sentiment. It's another guy card so I didn't embellish much. I'm curious, if you care to comment, whether you like the design better with or without the shadow layer. I tried vellum too but didn't like it. This particular section of the work surface had a lot of dark areas so I wanted the sentiment to stand out more.


That's it for today, friends - thanks for visiting!


Main Hero Arts Stamp-Along Supplies 
(not all used on today's projects): 
Stamps with Dies - Beautiful Day Bundle
Positive Script, & Rough Dot Bold Prints 
Stencil - Stacked Circles
Dies - Circle Set
Rub-ons Flowers and Swirls Hero Transfers
Other - many liquid watercolors, inks & sprays
Hero Paste, Hero Wax & Hero Pearls

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

great page and card Linda. You certainly nailed Mixed Media

Cat Craig said...

loving your mixed media stuff, Linda

HilaryJane said...

Great cards, love the mixed media look. You make me think I should try it more xx

Lisa Elton said...

You're doing a wonderful job with all of your mixed media projects! These are terrific!

papierelle said...

I find these workers very admirable again.