Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 18, 2023

Nice Elves Pop Up Platform Card

Hi all - I'm back using more "nice elves" for the August Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Just Elfing Around. I stamped and have been coloring these elves over the last couple of weeks. I was also inspired by the pop-up creations for our August Die Cut Divas Challenge so decided to make a pop-up platform card. Lawn Fawn's die set makes it a breeze!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Nice Elves &
Santa's Door Accessories (retired but available
HERE & HERE at Frantic Stamper)
My Favorite Things Party Décor
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Hero Arts enamel dots

I watched the Platform Pop-Up video tutorial by Kelly Marie at Lawn Fawn - she made it look so easy and it was! Just die cut and assemble, then decorate! Here's a view of it folded flat for mailing. Because I used the add-on which gives the platform a "wall", the card will need a larger than A2 envelope. Without it, an A2 envelope works perfectly. LOL - I also figured out that you could push the platform the other way but it makes a very thick section along the bottom and you'd be pushing it down, rather than popping it up, when it comes out of the envelop....


The LF platform die set came out Spring 2022 and I'm finally getting around to using it, plus it's my first time using the add-on too. Don't know why it took me so long - these pop-ups are such fun!! I'll add this card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge since dies are newly used.

Thanks for stopping by! I'm still working on catching up with my blog comments - hope to visit you soon if I haven't already. Happy crafting!!



8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I am enjoying your little elf scenes and well done for finally using that die xx

Jean said...

What an adorable scene you've created - those elves are busy!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh, this is oodles of fun and so darn cute!

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Linda. Such a cute little scene in your pop up box

Rosemary said...

super cute pop up card, linda!

papierelle said...

Unfortunately I can't make it to the Kickstart Challenge this time, but you made wonderful cards again. There are so many lovely little details to discover.

Dotty Jo said...

This is just adorable, Linda! Another fabulously fun scene. Thanks for playing along with Di and me again, Jo x

Di said...

What a fabulous scent Linda! Such a lot of work and totally adorable!

Hugs
Di xx