Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Poinsettia Window and Welcome Baby Boy!

Hi everyone - Happy Hump Day as we used to say when I still worked! Today I'm sharing another Christmas card made with new Hero Arts products that I picked up locally last Friday. I just love the poinsettia window die with the coordinating stencils!

Supplies: Paper - Lawn Fawn Petite Watercolor Wishes;
Paper Studio ivory
Dies - Hero Arts Poinsettia Window;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Stamps - Hero Arts Fireplace Stamp & Cut XL (sentiment)
Inks - various minis from Hero Arts MMH kits
Other - Copics for minor shading; 
Hero Arts iridescent spray & gold Hero Pearls

If you'd like to see a beauty using this die/stencil combo with a lot of gold, go HERE for Jennifer McGuire's take. She shared a great video there too. In the video she recommends die cutting first, then stenciling - I followed her advice. 

After I die cut and stenciled the window, I added some shading with Copics & spritzed with shimmer spray. Once dry, I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle, backed it with some LF paper, & inked the edges. Stamped the sentiment, adhered to an A2 card and added some Hero Pearls - done! I'll send this card to the current Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge where Anything Goes.

I made a second one while I was at it (didn't photograph), changing only the colors (flowers more pink  & a pink backing paper). I also used my new Waffle Flower sticky mat - worked great the first time, less great the second in terms of stickiness. I'm thinking one needs to cover it, rather than leaving it exposed to the air overnight?

Next, I have a baby boy card for my new cousin Kieran, the first grandson for my cousin Debi who's more like a sister to me. Kieran's parents settled a few suburbs over from me with their little girl & now Kieran - such a sweet family!

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Neenah White;
MFT Petite Gingham; Paper Studio Holiday;
Authentique dotted
Stamps - Hero Arts Little One & 
Precious Baby Boy (both retired)
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape

I die cut a gingham rectangle and added it to an A2 card. Next I cut a red stitched rectangle, then used the next smaller rectangle die to make a frame. It really helped contain my elements. I stamped and colored the icons, then fussy cut along with the sentiment, adding a bit of B00 Copic to the welcome as water for my sailboat. Die cut some mats for the other two icons, assembled & done.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll check back tomorrow for my "last day of the month" post for our August Die Cut Divas Challenge.


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, Linda your Christmas card is fabulous! So pretty and traditional. And what a darling baby card. Congrats on the new family member!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Linda. And what an adorable baby card. And of course.... gorgeous name! (the name I gave my son!)

HilaryJane said...

Two great cards. Love the texture and dimension on your Christmas card and the gingham background on your new baby card xx

Michelle Peckham said...

Lovely! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Cat Craig said...

Both are such sweet cards, love them.

Rosemary said...

Loving the card with the poinsettia frame, Linda. So pretty! The baby card is so sweet!