Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Santa's Workshop

Hi everyone - it's been a while! I'm popping in today with a card for the August Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Just Elfing Around.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Anchor Paper kraft; 
Doodlebug Designs Home for the Holidays
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Nice Elves &
Santa's Door Accessories (retired but available
HERE & HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Dies - Penny Black Wood Floors
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

I started this card right after Jo announced the CKC theme but just finished it this morning. First I stamped, die cut (or fussy cut) and colored all the elements while binge-watching Outlander episodes on Starz. Then I trimmed a patterned paper to fit an A2 card & added the die cut floor (enhanced with inks). Arranged the scene elements and adhered with glue & foam tape - done! The elf on the ladder actually holds a hammer but I trimmed it off. Now he looks to be adding the toy car to the shelf. I have three more elves colored for another scene, plus two more to be colored - loads of elves in this stamp set!

Hero Arts created a companion set called Naughty Elves which I've used a few times (see them HERE, HERE, & HERE if desired). This is the first play the poor Nice Elves has seen so I will add this card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge.

That's it for today, friends - thanks for visiting!! I hope to get caught up on blog commenting soon!

By the way, we haven't seen a lot of pop-up creations for our August Die Cut Divas Challenge yet - hope you can make it over there! I'll be here on the 21st with my latest pop-up masterpiece so be sure to check back. Happy crafting!!



12 comments:

Jean said...

Those elves do look very busy! That woodgrain floor works great as does the fun background paper!

Cat Craig said...

oh how sweet this scene is...love those busy elves.

Betty said...

how cute - love all those little elves working so hard - wonderful scene - looking forward to seeing another one!

Lisa Elton said...

Those teeny elves are so cute! Darling card, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Super cute little holiday scene, Linda!

Dotty Jo said...

It really is Santa's Workshop! How adorable, Linda, I love all the busy little elves. Just how I imagine Christmas Kickstart HQ - ha ha. Thanks for playing along with Di and me, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

BTW, it's optional elf/elves at Happy Little Stampers. Jo x

Dawn T said...

awesome elves Linda. Love this playful scene on your card,

Darnell said...

You've created a wonderful storybook scene of Santa's Workshop, Linda! Seriously, it could be an illustration in a book with all the perfect and fun details!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

HilaryJane said...

What a fantastic little scene. Love it xx

Di said...

Really cute card and 'everyelf' is so busy too Such fun!

Hugs

Di xx

Angelnorth said...

Cute card, love their home decor with the festive striped wallpaper!