Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 13, 2020

Christmas Cheer - AKA Alcohol

I'm playing along with this month's Christmas Kickstart Challenge where Jo & elves are serving up cards with alcoholic beverages!! I have a few stamp sets that would work but I ended up using a fun naughty elf set I've used a couple of times. Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle shimmer green A2 card; 
BoBunny 'Tis the Season; Momenta brown
Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh in the Snow (retired) & Watercolor Wishes Petite
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Naughty Elves & Irreverent Elf Messages (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Wood Frame Infinity Dies;
My Favorite Things retired Blueprints
Other - Copic Markers; Hobby Lobby glitter holly; 
Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink

The elf image I used has a cookie in his hand and a cookie plate on the table. I trimmed both off and added an indicating hand from a different elf in the set. The mug of beer came from the same set as the sentiment. This card will end up going to my cousin Dan who loves his beer. Quick story - We lived in the same city in Wisconsin for a time and met for a drink after work one night. He offered to buy and I got my usual mixed drink (brandy old fashioned). He ordered a beer, his usual, and wondered aloud why I had to order such an expensive item. Why couldn't I have a beer like a normal person? I just laughed - but he didn't buy another round - LOL...

Thanks to Jo for a fun challenge! Be sure to link up by the end of the month if you create a card featuring alcohol.

Challenge 29 - Christmas Cheer

Thanks for stopping and please check back on the 15th for a reminder post about the current CAS Christmas challenge where I'm guest designing. Take care of yourselves and stay healthy friends!!


7 comments:

Greta said...

Funny story & such a cute card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

way to cute Linda. Clever adjusting of the stamp and loved your story too.

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Linda! I love how you altered and adapted to achieve the elf and his beer. Sounds perfect for your cousin too - what a funny story! Thanks so much for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Rosemary said...

really fun card, linda! great story about your cousin!

ionabunny said...

Fab card and love how you altered your elf. Hugz

Cat Craig said...

Great thinking to alter your Elf. Fun card.

Jean said...

Super cute!