Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Guest Designing at CAS Christmas

It's the 3rd of the month and time for a new challenge over at CAS Christmas! I'm excited to be the March Guest Designer there after winning the January challenge for my tag card. Excited too that they're celebrating the 2nd birthday of this fun challenge - best wishes!!


guest designer.jpg


What a great theme - winter flowers! I had to google right away and found a wonderful House Beautiful article here. It lists 15 stunning winter flowers, some of which I had in stamp or die form. However, there I was at a JoAnn's store checking their card-making supplies sales & found another magazine freebie, this one with a snowdrop stamp set. Perfect!! Here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 blue shimmer card; Paper Studio glitter;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts CM119 Holiday Cheer - sentiment (retired);
Clearly Besotted Snowdrops (freebie set from Simply Cards & Papercraft (Dec. 2019)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints 21 (retired); 
Snowdrops die (also freebie with magazine)
Other - Copic Markers; Icy Stickles; Michaels gems

My friend Sally took some beautiful photos of snowdrops springing up in her area in England - check them out on her Feb. 3rd blog post if desired. I told her I'd been surfing the Net looking at snowdrops when I should've just visited her blog - LOL.

Thanks to the team at CAS Christmas for having me as Guest Designer this month!! The challenge runs until the 24th - hope you can play along; full details HERE. Thanks for stopping and I can't wait to see your winter flower cards!!

14 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Linda, what a beautiful winter flowers. I love all the snowdrops out at this time of the year. The touch of sparkle is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas as Guest Designer :)

Lin said...

What a perfect card for the challenge, Linda - your design is lovely! I need to get some of these for our gardens......

Greta said...

Congrats on the win, Linda! The snowdrops are beautiful & love the design of your card!

CinnamonSally said...

Congratulations on being a guest designer Linda, I just love snowdrops and its snowdrop time here in the UK. Love your pretty card!

Cindy C. said...

Linda this is gorgeous!! I love it. Congrats on the Guest Designer engagement! :)

Loll said...

Your snowdrops are so sweet Linda! I love when they pop their heads out of the snow! So pretty with your snowy hill and the silver glitter strip in the background. Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Christmas! xx

Cat Craig said...

Congrats on the GD, Linda. YOur snow drops are so pretty. Lovely card.

Linda said...

Linda, beautiful card with your snowdrops, glitter strip and snowy hill. Thanks for being our GD at CAS Christmas.

Trina P. said...

What a refreshing winter flower. Your card is so cute and the snowdrop is beautiful. Thank you for being our guest on our second birthday month.

Rosemary said...

gorgeous clean and simple design, linda!

Colleen said...

Linda, this is just perfect...I have snowdrops in my yard from my husbands grandmother...I love them, your card made me think of her immediately! thanks for being our special guest at CAS Christmas!

Jean said...

A terrific combination for the theme. I like that you included that inspirational article!

Betty said...

congrats on the GD spot and you've made us a beautiful inspiration card.

ionabunny said...

Beautiful. Love the blingy strip. Working on a card for this challenge. Hugz