Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Twofer Time - Spring Animals!

Yes, it's Spring - finally!! Wish we could enjoy it more but it's been cold & dreary here, along with the dreaded virus. Getting ready to be locked down any day now so I've stocked the pantry and done everything else that's recommended - almost a full time job!! Anyway - hope you're all safe and staying healthy!!!

Playing along today at the Twofer Card Challenge where Darnell offers a Spring Animals theme.




Here's my twofer:


I needed to get started on Easter cards so I chose a sweet Sunny Studios chick as my common stamp and made one card for Easter. Actually started with the birthday card because I had the idea to do a trio of jumbo balloons for a chick to hold. Luckily I had a fave MFT die set available. Here's a closer look with supply list:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle green A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; BoBunny Cottontail 6x6
Stamps - Sunny Studios A Good Egg;
Personal Impressions (UK) Happy Easter
Dies - Avery Elle Quilted Frame Elle-Ments
My Favorite Things retired Blueprints 23 (banner)
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border
Other - Copic Markers, Joy ultra thin foam tape

Thanks again to my friend Sally (Cinnamon Sally Designs) who gave me the Easter sentiments set years ago. We were Hero Hostesses together back in 2011 - yikes, where did 9 years go?? Anyhooo, I love that set and use it just about every year; there are three fonts of Happy Easter - all wonderful. When I ordered the darling Good Egg stamp set, they didn't have the dies. So I had to fussy cut everything! I found the dies tonight and ordered them, plus other things - help me!!!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV Ms Sparkle teal A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Echo Park Birthday Wishes 6x6
Stamps - Sunny Studios A Good Egg;
Hero Arts Birthday Messages
Dies - My Favorite Things retired Blueprints 28 (balloons & happy)
Lawn Fawn Grassy Border
Other - Copic Markers, Joy ultra thin foam tape, black thread

It's too bad MFT doesn't have many Blueprints anymore - just love them and I have a BUNCH! I've used the birthday set often but usually with the edge balloon (see example here). Thought this would bring a smile to a friend with an April birthday.

Thanks to Darnell for a fun challenge during these crazy times and thanks to you for stopping by!

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Two adorable cards Linda.

Cat Craig said...

Linda, your two chickie cards are darling. I'm pretty sure the birthday chickie is about to float away with those festive balloons. So glad your Easter chickie has a friend to share those goodies with. Thanks so much for playing along with Twofer Card Challegne.

Lin said...

Adorable little chicks, Linda! Hang in there, when spring gets here it will lift our spirits! Keep on crafting, that will, too - sending you hugs!

Betty said...

those little chicks are adorable - love the bright colors and that little guy sitting on top the basket - how fun!

Anita in France said...

Balloons are always so smile inducing and celebratory, Linda ... and that little chick holding onto them is just adorable! Your Easter card is so fresh and spring-like ... those little chicks must be looking so happy because they've seen all the cute Easter eggs piled up in the basket ... yum ... chocolate! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer ... and for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

Rosemary said...

adorable set of cards, linda! they just make me smile!

Darnell said...

That little chick is just darling, Linda! Good job getting your first Easter card made! It's a beautiful design with lots of perfect spring details. Love that little basket of eggs and the second chickie with a bow in her feathers sitting on top! And your festive birthday card is also done in cheerful spring colors! Love the grass! (She'd better hang on tight or she's going to feel more like a robin than a chick, lol!) Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #25! Take care!! 😷 Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Such a sweet chick for your twofers, Linda! So cute that the girl chick has a bow on her head and they both look so proud to pose with the Easter basket! I love those MFT blueprints too, and especially reach for that birthday one. I love the real string and the great patterns on your balloons! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Greta said...

2 super cute cards, Linda! I didn't realize MFT did away with the BluePrints. Always hoped to get some, but never did. Stay safe!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - fun color and pattern choices as well!