Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

CAS Christmas March 2020 Reminder

Hey everyone - just a reminder that you have until the 24th to enter your clean & simple card to this month's CAS Christmas Card Challenge. I'm guest designing this month and created a card for the reminder post. We're doing winter flowers and I used a beautiful Tim Holtz poinsettia die. Also, they're celebrating their 2nd birthday and there are prizes this month!!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV A2 shimmer green card; Momenta Watercolor;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black Licorice
Dies - Tim Holtz Poinsettia Pieces;
Other - Lemon Stickles

I put a double sided adhesive sheet (by Sizzix) behind the white paper so I could stick it to the card and easily inlay the pieces. A bit fiddly but I like how it turned out! I cut the Peace three times from black cardstock and layered them together. The paper was thick so I left one in the negative and used it as a guide to layer the other two - worked slick!

Since I had the pink negative, I trimmed it out and used it on another card. The Joy came from the same Momenta set as the Peace - very fun set and it was on sale at Hobby Lobby. Doesn't seem to be on Momenta's site any more... I added a gem to the O - it's embossed with a snowflake which didn't show up well on the dark blue paper. The gems are from Michaels - that boxed set that has about 480 gems in it!!


image.png

guest designer.jpg



Two more cards for the stash thanks to CAS Christmas! Hope you can play along this month. Thanks for stopping by and thanks again to the Loll, Bonnie & crew at CAS Christmas for choosing me as the guest designer for this month!

9 comments:

Betty said...

difficult to decide which is prettier, Linda - love the simplicity of second one!

Cat Craig said...

Linda both are lovely.

Rosemary said...

both cards are gorgeous, linda!

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous cards Linda,and love the fact you got a Twofer. Thanks for Being GD at CAS Christmas

Susan said...

It might have been fiddly, but well worth the effort - love the end results! And to get a second card from the process is great! Thanks so much for being our GD at CAS Christmas this month.

Greta said...

Absolutely love the inlaid card, Linda--gorgeous! Great use of the outline, too! Yah for more Christmas cards ready to mail!

Jean said...

These are both "wow" cards! Gorgeous!

Loll said...

Your inlaid design is beautiful, Linda! That's a lot of fiddly pieces, but look at the amazing result! And great card using the outline Always wonderful when you can make two cards from one image. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month!

Colleen said...

Fantastic to get two cards from one die cut...you persevered and it turned out great! Thank you for being our guest this month and playing along again!!