Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter Wishes!!

Best wishes to anyone celebrating Easter today! I know some celebrate on different days (like my friend Tina who's Greek Orthodox) but we're celebrating today. It's just my parents and I due to the stay-at-home order being extended until May 4th in Minnesota. We're keeping it simple but Mom wanted the traditional ham so I cooked it - yippee!

I thought I'd share the remaining Easter cards I made this year (one was done with the March Twofer; see it here). I'll start off with a card featuring goodies I ordered from Sunny Studio. When I made the Twofer card I didn't have dies to the Good Egg stamp set so I ordered them, plus other things....Mendi was sweet enough to send me a tulip die as a gift - I love it!! Thank you, thank you!!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; Michael's green
BoBunny Cottontail and Believe Collections 6x6;
Momenta Watercolor print; scrap of grey woodgrain
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Doodlebug Swiss Dot
Stamps - Sunny Studio A Good Egg; Hero Arts Be Happy (sun - retired);
Personal Impressions Springtime 'tinchies' (sentiment)
Dies - Sunny Studio A Good Egg Dies and free tulip;
My Favorite Things Grassy Hills & various Blueprints (retired)
fence from the Hero Arts March 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape, Hero Arts lacquer; white gel pen

This was my "masterpiece" for this holiday and I sent it to my dear friend Connie and her hubby who are like family to me. They too are staying at home - no big Easter dinner together today like we've shared in the past - darn it. Next up, a card I sent to my baby sister in AZ who celebrates Spring. I had to laugh, she texted me a photo of a flowering cactus in her yard right after I mailed her card!!

Supplies: Paper - same as card one (plus Cottontail ephemera - tab)
Stamps - Your Next Stamp Hey Chickie
Hero Arts Be Happy, Stamp Your Own Cactus (with dies),
Butterfly Pair Stamp & Cut (happy), and Sending Happy Thoughts (spring)
Dies - My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired);
Other - Copic Markers, foam tape

I made several simple cards using items from a BoBunny Cottontail ephemera pack coordinating with their Easter paper collection. I was excited to find another pad of the paper, as well as the ephemera pack (both retired), at an outlet store right as the pandemic was reaching us. The store clerks were already talking about people stealing their toilet paper!! But I had fun with these BoBunny products.



I'm sharing my "masterpiece" card at Darnell's NBUS challenge since my Good Egg and tulip dies got their first use. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your Easter!!

Grab our badge to display on your blog.


9 comments:

stampingandstitching said...

Such a fantastic selection of super cute Easter cards Linda! Love them all 😁 Hope you and your mom and dad have a lovely time this Easter🐣

Betty said...

all wonderful cards, Linda - little chick is so cute and love those BoBunny bunnies! a joyous Easter to you and your family!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous collection Linda. Happy Easter.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Linda. Your bunnies are too cute.

Rosemary said...

Happy Easter, Linda! Your cards are so cute and fun! Especially like the card you sent to you sister! The cacti are so fun!

CinnamonSally said...

Happy Easter Linda, these are all lovely cards and I am sure the recipients will be thrilled. We have also had a lockdown Easter , its really hard.

Christi Conley said...

I had to stop by after seeing your card on NBUS - I LOVE how you made the chick appear 3D - I am in awe :)

Greta said...

What a great variety of card you made for Easter, Linda! Love them all! I planned to make ham & yams, but no luck getting a ham. Supposedly it will be in the order we pick up tomorrow, so hubby will still get his favorite eventually. Hard to know what day it is anyway now days!

Jean said...

Fun, fun, fun! Can't believe it's almost May!