Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

A Christmas Song

Hey - why not sing Christmas music in April??! Chorus had to cancel our April 4th Spring show due to Covid-19 but hopefully we'll be able to hold our Christmas show!! Good time to start practicing... Anyway, the current challenge over at CAS Christmas is "Christmas Song" so I'm playing along with this card:

Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Paper Studio green and red;
BoBunny Yuletide Carol 6x6
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Nordic Tree (with coordinating die)
Dies - Avery Elle Quilted Frame; Momenta Joy die (retired)
Other - puffy star sticker from Target

I had cut a white quilted frame to test it when I first bought the die set. Thought it would be fun to use it in a Scandinavian color scheme. The frame die also cuts a pierced oval and I used the white one long ago. Instead, for the song portion, I cut a frame with oval out of BoBunny Christmas music paper and used the oval in the white frame. Matted with a thin red layer onto a white card. I cut the JOY four times out of the same red and layered them for dimension. Done! The bit of music showing in the oval is Joy to the World so that's why I used JOY for a sentiment, rather than O Christmas Tree (a sentiment in the Nordic Tree set).

Since I had the frame cut out of the music paper, I decided to use it on another card. Although quite simple, I don't consider this one CAS simply because the paper is so busy! I left the oval open to the card base and filled it with the branch and bells. Decided to leave a sentiment off the front. The branch, bells, & bow come from Sunny Studios - a wonderful company out of Washington state whose supplies I've been using for years. I'd seen their Holiday Style set used by my friend Dawn here and couldn't resist ordering it, plus more supplies (check back on Easter for another creation). I'm entering this card into Darnell's NBUS challenge since this is my maiden voyage with this set.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; BoBunny Yuletide Carol 6x6;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Sunny Studio Holiday Style (with coordinating dies)
Additional Die - Avery Elle Quilted Frame
Inks - Various Distress Oxide Inks


That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping! Hope you're staying well and safe!!

  Grab our badge to display on your blog.

11 comments:

Betty said...

what great paper to go with this challenge - two wonderful cards, Linda.

Jenni M said...

Great use of the music paper! And two great cards x

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Linda. Just love the the bells on your second card. So please I inspired you to get this set. It really is an awesome set and your bell is incredible.

Trina P. said...

Lovely card. Great idea to not let the leftover paper go to waste and create a twofer. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Rosemary said...

Fabulous set of Christmas cards, Linda!

Jean said...

Wonderfully fun Christmas cards - really like the incorporation of the music pieces.

Bonnie said...

What great Christmas carol paper and well used, Linda! Love that Nordic tree and the quilted background! I'll be you're singing along to all the entries! Me too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Linda said...

Lovely card for our Christmas Carole theme, with lots of great texture. And your other card is lovely too. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Christine Alexander said...

Linda love all your Christmas Music as a background and your traditional colours look wonderful. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Susan said...

Great musical score for the background! Love the simple word JOY to go with the score! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

p.s. Also love your second card - what a great collage of Christmas songs.

Greta said...

2 really neat cards, Linda! I especially love the first one with the white quilted background & fun tree!