Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Sending encouragement

In these unsettled times, an encouragement card can bring a ray of sunshine. I recently sent two cards I made using some fave products; I'd love to hear which version you like better! First one went to Verna, a friend of Darnell's (mentioned in this post) who needed some cheering up. The second one went to my massage therapist who can't work due to Covid-19 business closures.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Sunshine A2 cards;
BoBunny and Doodlebug patterns; Michael's green
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Background
Dies - Avery Elle Quilted Frame
Taylored Expressions Rustic Floral and Simple Strips

I really felt for Verna who had to move due to the pandemic. Moving takes such energy and, when you don't want to do it, it can be very disheartening. My massage therapist lost her job when the spa I used closed back in January. Hmmm - in retrospect, I'm betting the owners looked at China and said better get out now! They closed all their spas in the Twin Cities. So my therapist started her own business in her home - a lovely setting and only one suburb over from my house. Our governor closed all spas, salons, gyms etc weeks ago so she has no income. I had to cancel both my March and April appointments since the governor's order has been extended to May 4th! Hopefully she'll be back in business for my May appointment!!

I've made bunches of cards with the quilted frame since I bought it back in February - can't get enough of it!! And I love the rustic flowers from TE - for the first card I added back some of the cut pieces after inking them with Distress Oxide in a darker color. On the second card I left those bits out. Which do you like better? Well, that used up my stock of flowers I had cut in a spare moment. I'll have to find some more fun color combos to try!

Thanks for stopping and hope you're weathering these times - we're in this together!!

5 comments:

Betty said...

both so pretty, Linda - I like the first one better - that dark background just make those flowers pop!

Dawn T said...

You are so thoughtful Linda. Both of these are simply beautiful. Love the gorgeous flowers.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful set of floral cards, Linda!

Greta said...

The second card really appeals to me--love how bright & cheery it is! I already got the HA poinsettia dies because of you & now you're making me think I "need" the quilted frame die! We'll see how long I can resist--haha!

Jean said...

Stunning - great color choices as well.