Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Snow Globe Winter Wonderland scene

Hey there - it snowed a bit here yesterday so I was in the Christmas mood - LOL. I had time to play along with Jo and her elf Jane in the current Christmas Kickstart challenge! We need to create a scene this month, something I do all the time. Decided to change it up and make a snow globe shaker using a Lawn Fawn die set I've had for quite a while but have never used. I used one of the sentiments on the stamp set once but the rest of the set had been neglected along with the add-on die set. I will therefore add this to Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; Paper Studio red; 
Tim Holtz kraft metallic; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Avery Elle Holiday Collection
Stamps - Lawn Fawn Ready Set Snow
My Favorite Things Blueprints (retired)
Inks - Iced Spruce and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide; Memento Tuxedo Black
Other - Avery Elle Holiday Ephemera Pack; Copic Markers;
Confetti mix from the Dec 2018 Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit (sold out);
foam tape; acetate; Icy Stickles

Had to laugh - I have no acetate with me but I did have an orphaned scrap which should have a cling stamp on it. Thankfully it was a clean, scratch free piece!! Sorry stamp, wherever you are, I used your packaging for my window! Realized after assembly that I could've allowed a bit more room for my shaker bits - some got stuck and won't budge, even if I shake it like mad. Oh well.... I haven't made many shakers so live & learn.

Thanks to Jo and Darnell for fun challenges and to you for stopping by. Have a crafty day!!

Winter Wonderland (Create a Scene)
Grab our badge to display on your blog.

10 comments:

Betty said...

what a great idea to use a snow globe for your scene - so cute!

Trina P. said...

Adorable snow globe scene shaker card. Way to not let having no acetate stop you.
Happy Easter. Stay home and craft on.

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is so cute! I love the gold outline for the snow globe. Stay warm and safe.

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. I love the little scene you created in your snowglobe.

Dotty Jo said...

Love your sweet scene, Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Marina said...

I find shakers are really quite hard to get right but this one looks fabulous, with an enchanting scene.

Rosemary said...

Really fabulous card, Linda! Your little snowglobe is so fun!

Jane said...

Love your snow globe shaker scene, so pretty! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

Greta said...

The snowglobe is really cute, Linda--great card! Forgot to say--I love the CCC card you sent to Slovenia!

Jean said...

Super sweet holiday card!