Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Rainy Day Cat

Hey everyone - hope you're staying sane under the many "lockdowns" or as we call it here "Safer at Home". Making cards definitely helps relieve boredom!! I'm skating in with one last entry for the current (ends at 11:59 PT today) Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge being offered by Hero Arts. I decided to do another one because Darnell (djkardkreations) started a new challenge blog for NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) today. It's always anything goes, as long as at least one item hasn't been used before. Yes!! My specialty!!

Along with the February 2017 My Monthly Hero kit (sold out) I bought several of the add-ons, including the Raining Cats and Dogs stamp set with coordinating dies. While I'd used the kit (see my cards here and here), I'd not used Raining Cats and Dogs (now retired) until today. About time, eh? Three years later... Thought it would be fitting to send to a friend during these trying times.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV pink A2 card; BoBunny Believe 6x6 Collection;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Raining Cats and Dogs (with coordinating dies) and
February 2017 My Monthly Hero Kit (raindrops)
Other - Copic Markers; Foam tape; 
Distress Oxide inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink

I die cut the umbrella cat and clouds, then stamped on them using the negative and my stamping tool. I stamped just the umbrella on orange patterned paper, fussy cut and paper-pieced it onto the umbrella cat diecut. Colored the rest of it with Copics & added Wink of Stella to the umbrella. I created an inked background using Distress Oxide inks, stamped some raindrops, matted it and added to a card with a layer of patterned paper. Then I stamped, matted and added my sentiment, the clouds and umbrella cat. Added some lacquer to the raindrops - done! I'm sending this card to a flight attendant friend who just finished flying yesterday and will be off for April. She is self-quarantining for 14 days to be sure she doesn't have covid19. Her mom is the same age as mine, both high risk if they'd contract it.

That's it, friends - thanks for stopping! Thanks to Hero Arts and to Darnell for having challenges to keep our minds engaged on non-pandemic thoughts!!


Grab our badge to display on your blog


11 comments:

Rosemary said...

what a cute card, linda! definitely purr-fect for the challenge and what we are all dealing with right now!

Trina P. said...

So cute and purrrfect for the challenges.

Dawn T said...

super cute Linda. Lovely card.

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Linda.

Vicky Hayes said...

I love that you are using this three years later Linda! Craft stash doesn't have a sell by date and this is as fresh as a daisy. I love those clouds and rain - although I do want to rescue your little kitty! Vicky x

Carol L said...

I love the "hangin' in" cat with the umbrella! It's adorable with the raindrops chasing him down!! A great sentiment to go along with a fun card during these trying times we're all living in. Congrats on the 3-year safe keeping of this stamp set! I don't feel so alone anymore now :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

A darling card design and love that kitty floating with the umbrella.

Darnell said...

Only three years old? C'mon, Linda, you can do better than that, lol! Thankfully, since I take most of my stamps out of their packaging, I have no idea how old they are, but I suspect some go a lot further back. We should call ourselves, "Stamp Collectors and Card Makers!" The good news is this kit is classic and will never go out of style. I love your pretty design with the off-set rectangle aperture leaving a lot of that awesome and colorful text pp on display! Keep safe and take care! And thank you so much for sharing at NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

Oh how cute, Linda! Good for you getting going with NBUS!

Jean said...

A wonderful card for these times we're facing!

TK said...

Fun card, I love your kitty flying in to save the day!