Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Holiday Headstart with Hero Arts

Hi all - I'm back to play along with the current Hero Arts' Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge. They would like us to share a Christmas card. Easy for me since I make Christmas cards all year round.


Supplies: Paper - DCWV green A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday; 
Lawn Fawn & Authentique 6x6 patterns
Dies - Hero Arts Paper Layering Poinsettia
My Favorite Things various Blueprints (retired)
Other - foam tape, Stickles; Pine Needles Distress Oxide Ink

My first thought was to grab Hero's amazing poinsettia die. They released it in 2018 but I didn't get a chance to use it until doing my 2019 cards. I used it on a bunch; see them here if desired. But hey, I have a large mailing list so will definitely be able to send a poinsettia card to someone who didn't get one last year. In fact, I was busily cutting poinsettia parts and decided to get a twofer in. Similar design but with only the smaller poinsettia parts and a smaller wood frame.

Supplies - same except pp is BoBunny and
label die is from Spellbinders Elegant Ovals 

Which one do you prefer? Maybe you like last year's models better. I love the addition of the white woodgrain frame to this year's - might make a few more!! Thanks to Hero Arts for great products I can go to over and over, along with fabulous new items!! And thanks for the challenges to keep us crafty in these unsettling times.

Finally - thanks to you for stopping by. Stay safe and healthy!!

8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Love the classic red Poinsettia combined with greens and whites.

Rosemary said...

Absolutely wonderful set of Christmas cards, Linda! Your poinsettias are so pretty! (I have a small poinsettia that I bought this past Christmas that is still going!)

Betty said...

can't go wrong with that poinsettia and the wood frame dies! both such pretty cards, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Congrats on winning the Hero Arts challenge, Linda!

Greta said...

I got the poinsettia die because of your previous cards & now I see 2 more wonderful cards using it! Just saw you won the HA challenge--enjoy shopping!

Jean said...

Both are stunning! Great combination with the patterned paper.

donna mikasa said...

Yayyyyyy! Congrats on your Hero Arts win, Linda! So happy for you!
Happy shopping with your prize!

Karen L K said...

Nice card! Love that poinsettia! Congrats on winning over at Hero Arts.