Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Poinsettia ornament cards

Hi all - it's been a while since I posted. Mainly because I was lucky enough to travel to Ireland again to visit my friend Heather and her family. What a wonderful time I had with them, including crafting with Heather & touring the surrounding countryside. Thanks again Heather & family! More on my trip in another post....

Today I have three cards using an ornament die from the new Hero Arts Winter catalog. My LSS Anchor Paper participates in the Hero Arts Shopbox program, receiving early release of select products. I had a chance to stop in and pick up a few things, including the ornament die which is now available at Simon Says Stamp (linked below in supplies). For the first card, I watercolored the diecut and backed it with a printed watercolor paper.

Supplies:  Paper - American Crafts Christmas A2 card; Tim Holtz watercolor paper; 
Momenta printed watercolor 8x8 paper pad; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Stamps - sentiment from Hero Arts CL644 Bring on the Merry (retired); 
pine branch from Pink & Main Deck the Halls (plus matching die)
Other - May Arts ribbon; Pine Needles Distress Ink; 
Twisted Citron and Vintage Photo Distress Markers; Stickles;
Yoobi watercolor paint kit (a Target find)

For the next two, I cut the ornament in red and green glitter paper, swapping the flower centers. I backed them with two different printed watercolor papers. To keep it simple I used the same sentiment for all the cards. I had flipped through a bunch of stamp sets to find a sentiment that fit well in the center opening.

Additional Supplies: Paper Studio Glitter paper; 

Which one is your fave? I played around with several papers for the backing and found I liked the Momenta watercolor paper the best. I enjoyed finding the perfect spot on the 8x8 page to place my die. That's three more Christmas cards for the stash so I'm on track to get the amount I need come December. How are you doing with yours?

I see A Blog Named Hero Christmas in July runs through August 10th so I'll go ahead and link to that challenge - yay!! Thanks for stopping and I hope you're enjoying your weekend!!

ChallengeChristmasJuly






5 comments:

Rosemary said...

your cards are fabulous, linda! can't wait to hear more about your trip and see the photos!

Greta said...

How exciting to take another trip to Ireland! Bet you had a fabulous time! All great cards, Linda--especially like the last one with the red flowers & green ribbon! Congrats on your big HA win, too!

Dawn T said...

Awesome to have visit Ireland in the summer. We were there last year at this time. It's gorgeous. As are your ornament cards. They are so lovely.

Jean said...

Wow - you've nicely showcased this set!

Cha LionArt said...

I really love your card! The contrast in colors between the main image and the patterned background is amazing! Thanks for joining our challenge at A Blog Named Hero! Cha Lion