Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 16, 2019

Two Lily Pond cards and a thank you!

Hey there - hope you're having a great week! Today I'm sharing two cards made with a Hero Arts fancy die set. Couldn't resist it when spotted at my LSS a couple weeks ago. First, a thinking of you card for a friend & retired chorus member who fell & broke her neck - ugh! She was sooo lucky and may get away without having surgery!

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle pink A2 card; Momenta Watercolor;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Dies - My Favorite Things stitched rectangle from a retired Blueprints;
Stamps - sentiment from Mini-tag Sentiments by Our Daily Bread
Other - Copic Markers

Next, a sympathy card for a friend & former chorus member. Sandy, who directs a different chorus now, lost her husband on Tuesday - so sad, he had a brain bleed. I thought the lily pond might make a serene sympathy scene. I often use the cattails on sympathy cards so decided to include them too.

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle green A2 card; Momenta Watercolor; Poptone Black Licorice
Dies - Hero Arts Lily Pond Fancy Dies; Spellbinders Cattails
Stamps - sentiment from Mini-tag Sentiments by Our Daily Bread
Other - 3M sparkle washi; Copic Markers

I probably won't blog the rest of my Ireland/England trip. My Hill of Tara pictures weren't that great; much of my photography was via camcorder. On Day 5, Heather and I went to Castletown House - a lovely Palladian style home on gorgeous grounds. We walked all around, even to the edge of the River Liffey which continues on through Dublin. In Castletown, the river seemed little more than a creek to me and was very peaceful. That night I took the family out to DaMario's for pizza - yum! The next day I headed to Manchester UK for a Sweet Adelines conference. Fabulous event, including a Rising Star contest for quartets of young women no older than 25. I was in a quartet before I was 25 but the Young Women program didn't exist back then. Oh well, I enjoyed being in all my different quartets! I returned to the US on July 29th - coming in 5 hrs later than expected so it felt like 4 am to me. Took a while to reacclimate to MN time! Thanks again to Heather and her family for hosting me, for rides from/to airport, and for the crafty goodies - still hoping Heather will blog the card she made me. Here's the card I left with the family to say thanks:

Supplies: Paper - DCWV sparkle green A2 card; Lawn Fawn & BoBunny
Stamps - Hero Arts From the Vault Flowers (plus matching die) & a retired sentiment
Dies - My Favorite Things stitched rectangle from a retired Blueprints; Hero Arts Oval & Circle
Other - Copic Marker; Michaels gems

Hope to be crafting soon with all the goodies she gave me and those I bought while there. My door is always open to her and her family but MN is probably at the bottom of their list of US states to visit!! Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Betty said...

love love those pond cards, Linda - such pretty soft colors and design!!

Cindy C. said...

Lovely cards!!

Dawn T said...

Two beautiful and peaceful cards Linda. Perfect for both reasons. Sounds like you had a great time with Heather and at your conference. How wonderful to be able to sing... something I only do in private! Can't hold a tune to save myself. And what a pretty card you made Heather and the family to say thanks.

Greta said...

Love your lily pond cards & it worked great for a sympathy card. Love the watering can filled with flowers used on the thank you card!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous set of cards, Linda! The lily pad fancy die is so perfect for a sympathy card. The coloring on the first one is so pretty!

Jean said...

All three are just terrific! The versatility of the Lily Pond dies is nicely showcased!